lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-30-2018, 03:17 PM   #1
Tbox
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 2011 CC OBC issue?

I have a 2011 Club Car Precedent. For the past year it has been acting "sluggish". It will take off quickly but then sort of lag back and stay at a lower speed. Someone told me that my OBC needed replaced. I did some digging around and from what I can tell the OBC really only regulates the charging of the batteries. When I plug it in to charge you can hear the "click" and the charger starts right up with no issues. Battery meter in cart always shows full charge when I come back. I have replaced the speed sensor. That didn't help at all. I checked voltage on the batteries today. Every battery showed 8 volts. Anything else I can check/test?
Tbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-30-2018, 03:24 PM   #2
twilliams81
Gone Wild

Default Re: 2011 CC OBC issue?

Where did you get your speed sensor? If you skimped on it chances are it’s still the issue. If it takes off fine and slows down 9 times out of ten that’s the issue. OBC wouldn’t have anything to do with the performance of it. There could also be the portion of the controller that reads the pulses from the magnet isn’t working properly (I’ve had that happen before). Some of the other guys on here can tell you exactly how to test that to find out for sure. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
twilliams81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 03:34 PM   #3
Tbox
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

My wife ordered the speed sensor so most likely it came from amazon and was cheap.
Tbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 03:35 PM   #4
twilliams81
Gone Wild

I’d start there and order one from one of the site sponsors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
twilliams81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 05:51 PM   #5
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Almost definitely the result of a bad speed sensor. The cheap ones from Amazon or Ebay aren't any good. This is just one of many instances where this has happened. I attempted to sell the aftermarket ones for a short while, but I couldn't handle the negative phone calls, so now I only sell the factory ones. No more problems.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car