lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-31-2018, 06:47 AM   #1
JoeyC
Not Yet Wild

Default LSV Build

Looking to buy a 2010 Club Car to build an LSV for use at a local beach here in NC. Once built, I have a local LSV seller who will provide a VIN/Title for a fee once he confirms it meets NC LSV rules. I've review the NC DOT requirements and am tracking with requirements (20-25 mph capable, headlights, taillights, etc). Can anyone provide a "how to build an LSV Club Car for dummies?" Biggest thing is the motor conversion so that I can get the 20 to 25 mph speed.
Would appreciate best sites for purchasing required equipment, will assume there are companies who sell complete kits? Thanks in advance!
JoeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-31-2018, 07:08 AM   #2
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

Default Re: LSV Build

I have a DS that is florida street legal , the kit got was headlight/brake/turn single . The rest I pieced together mirrors, triangle, seat belts, reflectors, wiper ect... from ebay and amazon.

Is now open
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gener...19-season.html
Swan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 08:34 AM   #3
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

The easiest way for you to get 20-25 mph is to install a speed magnet, That is if your cart is a IQ cart( serial # starts with PQ). Or install a PQ Bandit Motor which is more expensive.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 12:04 PM   #4
E36Racer
Gone Wild

Club Car

I’d call Dave at revolution (TahoeDawgZ71). He will have everything you need and it will ship fast since he’s in GA. He carries everything Club Car...
E36Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 12:55 PM   #5
jonr3
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

I think in NC that you will also need 4 wheel brakes. The only front brakes I have seen so far are from Jakes and you have to use Jakes lift kits. I have a Rhox lift kit and have ordered the Jakes brake kit, so I think I'm going to have to do some fabrication to mount the calipers.
jonr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 04:59 PM   #6
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
going to have to do some fabrication to mount the calipers.
Check with that big golf parts store in Jacksonville FL. Tell them your story. They may be able to help you out. I believe they are an exclusive Jake disc brake dealer.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 08:12 AM   #7
jonr3
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterM6 View Post
Check with that big golf parts store in Jacksonville FL. Tell them your story. They may be able to help you out. I believe they are an exclusive Jake disc brake dealer.
I sent them an email last night. We'll see if they respond...
jonr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 09:21 AM   #8
DannyAbear
Gone Wild

Club Car

In La. your cart has to have been 'born' with a 17 digit vin in order to be street legal
DannyAbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 09:54 AM   #9
beachguysc
Getting Wild

Club Car

Glad this thread came up. I assumed I could make my precedent “street legal” one day with all the accessory upgrades I have done. But just checked and SC doesn’t allow vehicles that started out as golf carts to be upgraded to LSV. I probably would not have done it anyway because of the windshield wiper and 25mph max. But good info.
beachguysc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 10:54 AM   #10
E36Racer
Gone Wild

Club Car

I installed the Jakes spindles with brake kit on a factory lifted Onward. Only needed to buy different bolts and brass bushings for the heim joints because Jakes uses a 1/2” spindle volt and the stock lift is a 5/8” bolt.
E36Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car