lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-01-2018, 08:55 PM   #1
dan4mbenz
Not Yet Wild

Default 2007 CC Precedent wont go

I am looking at purchasing a fixer upper... I am new to the cart world, but pretty good with my hands when it comes to fixing things.

I have come across a 2007 Club Car Precedent for sale. I have not looked at it yet, but contacted the seller.

Here is what I know:

Batteries (4-12volts) are less than 6 months old.
It was being driven and just stopped about 2 weeks ago.
The head lights, turn signals and horn do still work when turned on.
It does not make the buzz noise when put in reverse.

I was planning to go look at this cart and was looking for recommendations on what to check for...

Thanks for the advice!
dan4mbenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-01-2018, 10:36 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: 2007 CC Precedent wont go

Without trying to sound/be sarcastic, that is a somewhat nebulous question.... Not sure if you are referring to looking at for repairs or cost evaluation or parting out, etc. One thing for sure, you could be looking at anything from a solenoid or switch to most likely a controller. If for purchase, look it over for things like batteries and their brand. Tires, suspension, bushings, steering, wiring harness, etc. etc. Unfortunately if it will not power up, you will never know the electronics integrity so there will lye your very biggest concern. If a cart will not run and I cannot clearly identify the issue, I would not pay too much for it.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 06:33 AM   #3
dan4mbenz
Not Yet Wild

I am looking at purchasing a cart and repairing it.

I was planning to look at the cart and was wondering if there are any test i can run to try and isolate what the problem is? So i have an idea on how much money will be spent on the repair.

You mentioned solenoid and controller. How would i go about testing those?

I have a multimeter and basic hand tools.

I am new to all this. I Appreciate you responding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-02-2018, 07:13 AM   #4
dan4mbenz
Not Yet Wild

The batteries (Powertron)are less than 6months old. I was planning to replace the wheels and tires and put a A-arm suspension lift with dual action rear springs.

Old 08-02-2018, 07:14 AM   #5
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

I would start at the solenoid. With the key On, Fwd selected, and Go Pedal slightly depressed (might want to jack up the cart) listen for a click under the floorboard and then immediately a click at the main solenoid. If you do not get the click at the solenoid, check to see if you have the 48vdc at he 2 small posts. If not, then you have lost either the positive or negative input permissives. If you do have the 48vdc, then baring a wiring issue, you probably have a bad controller as long as the solenoid did close in. There are a lot of things you can do, but they will be a lot longer and more extensive.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 07:43 AM   #6
dan4mbenz
Not Yet Wild

Thanks. I was planning to go check it out today. Not sure how the seller will feel about me “working” on the cart, but I guess we will see.

They don’t really seem to know much about it. They kept telling me it had 6 batteries, but when i requested a photo it only showed 4 12volts. I think they are clueless.

Also, shouldn’t there be a tow switch in this photo? I don’t see one.

Old 08-02-2018, 09:36 AM   #7
Gazoo
Gone Wild

Club Car

Pretty clean looking battery compartment. Thats a plus in the sense that some degree of care must have been taken. Yeah, the run/tow switch should be poking up through that hole on the right of the plastic shroud. Thats a good place to start looking, pop that shroud off and follow Nole's instructs.
Gazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 09:52 AM   #8
dan4mbenz
Not Yet Wild

I’m hoping it’s a simple fix. And I can get it at a decent price.

They bought the cart from a neighbor of theirs that was moving out of the neighborhood. The neighbor didn’t want to take the cart with them so that the current seller bought it. They put new batteries in when they bought the cart about six months ago. They were riding it two weeks ago and it just stopped.

Old 08-02-2018, 10:35 AM   #9
dan4mbenz
Not Yet Wild

There is a click at the floor board followed by a click at the solenoid. The cart does make the buzz noise when in reverse. The cart will not go forward or backwards.

It appears the run/Tow switch has been removed. And the wires have been jumped. See photo.

So does sound like a controller issue?

Old 08-02-2018, 04:39 PM   #10
Gazoo
Gone Wild

Club Car

It does sound like it considering the solenoid is closing...
Gazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car