lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-07-2018, 03:46 PM   #1
tgaff
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Club Car DS OBC

I have a friend who swapped out his battery cables from 6g to 2g. When I asked him how he got the cable thru the OBC he said he went around it. And sure enough when I took a look he sure did. He does not have any type of wire running thru the OBC. The cables have been on for less than a week. Isn't he asking for trouble doing that? Oh and by the way he is using stock PD2 charger from Club Car.
tgaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-07-2018, 04:01 PM   #2
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Club Car DS OBC

He won’t be able to charge the cart... if he can’t squeeze it through he’ll have to get a stud from ScottyB. Dont let him drill the OBC out...

Club Car DS driver’s club #59
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 04:02 PM   #3
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

the obc takes reading form the negative cable running thought it . When going to that size cable people use a pass though bolt . Scottyb at cartsunlimited sells a bolt kit for that purpose .

Is now open

Click Swan's Pick'em
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 06:02 PM   #4
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

The 2 gauge wire that I use will fit through the OBC. You just have to make sure you lube it up good and pull it through before you put the terminal on the other side. For pre-made cables I like the "Compression Terminal" method. You skin back a portion of the insulation and install the threaded anchor over the bare wire, thread on the compression terminal and it will compress the anchor onto the wire. All you need are two wrenches to tighten the two pieces together. Works great.

TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 07:51 AM   #5
tgaff
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks TahoeDawg, So my guess is without putting the cable thru the OBC the cart will not charge? He claims it does charge. I will follow this up a little more.
tgaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 08:33 AM   #6
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgaff View Post
Thanks TahoeDawg, So my guess is without putting the cable thru the OBC the cart will not charge? He claims it does charge. I will follow this up a little more.
The charger will turn on and run for a little while. Then it'll just quit. It will never fully charge.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car