lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-14-2018, 01:08 PM   #21
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Default Re: Motor Upgrade - Are They All a Compromise?

Another company you might be able to try would be EMP. They make custom wound motors too and I've read a lot of good things about them. Worth a phone call to get some answers anyway.

http://empinc.biz/motors
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-14-2018, 01:21 PM   #22
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I think you are not going to get everybody to agree. Especially when the people you are asking have their own product to promote. Each one of the motors mentioned in this thread have their own positive points. Which one is best for you depends upon many factors like;
How id the cart set up? Lift? tire size? added seating?
How will it be used? street? off road? kids to the pool? hunting?
Is the terrain Hilly? Flat? Paved? Mud bogs?
Will you be towing the boat? race car? leaf sweeper?

There is no motor that's going to cover all of the conditions above.
And don't tell me it's for flat street racing mostly but once a year you hunt the steepest hills with four 300# men and a hog on the cart because I'll tell you you have to build for the hunt and deal with it on the street

And yes some motors are best paired with certain controllers

I hope this helps
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 01:53 PM   #23
Lrbergin
Not Yet Wild

It does help and pretty much confirms what I was thinking....there is no right answer. Don't hear a lot of negative reviews about any of the common motors being promoted on here so I guess they all do the job. It's going to be an over the winter project for me probably at this point.

I filled out the questionnaire on the EMP motors site. I'll be curious to what they say as they ask all of the questions on their form to get a better feel of what kind of motor you need.
Lrbergin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 02:05 PM   #24
Unsoshl
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Chuck at EMP is a wealth of knowledge. He will build your motor exactly to your specs. I am very happy with mine. Let us know how it goes..
Unsoshl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 02:06 PM   #25
dannyre
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachguysc View Post
I looked in to getting the front disc brakes, but quickly learned I can’t really add them to my all sports 3” a arm lift. So now brakes and a new lift would be another 700 to $800 + a dozen or more hours of tinkering, so that won’t happen. I definitely don’t want to go over 30mph but would like to get 28-30 on occasion. I had kinda been set on getting the admiral A2, but have become intrigued by the plum quicks and called them his morning. He recommended the Bandit for my 400 amp Alltrax. He said I could most likely get up to 30mph, But no Regen. I told him I really liked Regen and was considering the the admiral A2 so I could keep it. He understood but said admiral was Chinese junk(something about weak springs) and recommended D&D if I wanted Regen. So I called D&D to ask about theirs. He was straight up and said with my Alltrax pushing my stock AMD 26mph, he couldn’t improve that speed. And I would probably top out 24-25 with his. He said I’m better off just keeping my stock motor and running it into the ground. Which he said might happen sooner than later running an Alltrax. I’ll just say he is not very fond of Alltrax, at all. Something about reduced field on one side. So now I, more confused than ever. Ha. I do plan on going to drive a friends cart that does not have Regen to see if I like it. Not including Regen, What thoughts do you folks have on plum quick bandit vs admiral A2 with an Alltrax 400?
A Plum Quick Bandit and an Alltrax 400 was my motor of choice for about two years until I went with the Executioner and an Alltrax 500 last month or so. That combo gave me what I wanted, a 30mph motor with a little more torque. I have no complaints about that combo, worked well for me and is working just fine on the cart I sold it to..
dannyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 03:28 PM   #26
E36Racer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachguysc View Post
I looked in to getting the front disc brakes, but quickly learned I can’t really add them to my all sports 3” a arm lift. So now brakes and a new lift would be another 700 to $800 + a dozen or more hours of tinkering, so that won’t happen. I definitely don’t want to go over 30mph but would like to get 28-30 on occasion. I had kinda been set on getting the admiral A2, but have become intrigued by the plum quicks and called them his morning. He recommended the Bandit for my 400 amp Alltrax. He said I could most likely get up to 30mph, But no Regen. I told him I really liked Regen and was considering the the admiral A2 so I could keep it. He understood but said admiral was Chinese junk(something about weak springs) and recommended D&D if I wanted Regen. So I called D&D to ask about theirs. He was straight up and said with my Alltrax pushing my stock AMD 26mph, he couldn’t improve that speed. And I would probably top out 24-25 with his. He said I’m better off just keeping my stock motor and running it into the ground. Which he said might happen sooner than later running an Alltrax. I’ll just say he is not very fond of Alltrax, at all. Something about reduced field on one side. So now I, more confused than ever. Ha. I do plan on going to drive a friends cart that does not have Regen to see if I like it. Not including Regen, What thoughts do you folks have on plum quick bandit vs admiral A2 with an Alltrax 400?

On the Brakes..... my Onward factory lift is an Allsport 4”. I bought the Jakes 4” kit that came with spindles and only had to add a brass bushing to the heim joint because the Jakes spindle bolt is 1/2” vs the allsport 5/8” bolt. I used kit #7511.
E36Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 04:19 PM   #27
beachguysc
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyre View Post
A Plum Quick Bandit and an Alltrax 400 was my motor of choice for about two years until I went with the Executioner and an Alltrax 500 last month or so. That combo gave me what I wanted, a 30mph motor with a little more torque. I have no complaints about that combo, worked well for me and is working just fine on the cart I sold it to..
Thanks. So you got 30mph with 22” tires, Alltrax 400 and bandit? ? I guess that might translate to around 27-28 for 20” tires? I have to figure out if 2mph is worth the time/expense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E36Racer View Post
On the Brakes..... my Onward factory lift is an Allsport 4”. I bought the Jakes 4” kit that came with spindles and only had to add a brass bushing to the heim joint because the Jakes spindle bolt is 1/2” vs the allsport 5/8” bolt. I used kit #7511.
Great mod you found there. I found the jakes 4” version for 2004 to 2008 precedent, but don’t see any versions that match my 3” allsports a arm kit. Thanks
beachguysc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car