lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-27-2018, 07:00 PM   #1
JimBouchie
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 2015 Precedent ERIC Charger Battery Light

My battery status light never seems to come on. Says it should blink 3 times when charging begins. The reverse buzzer sounds 3 times but the light does not flash. I have pulled the wires from the back and there is 48V to the light. seems like to much, but that is the way it's wired. Could the light be burned out and if so where can I find a replacement. Does the key need to be on for the light to work. I have the key turned off when I attach the charger.

Below is what the manual says about it.
Battery Low State-of-Charge Warning
• The light comes on and remains solid when the battery state of charge falls below 20%.
• The light begins flashing when the battery state of charge falls below 10%
Charging Confirmation
• The light will flash three times and the reverse buzzer simultaneously will sound three times to indicate a battery
charging session has begun.
JimBouchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-28-2018, 10:23 AM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: 2015 Precedent ERIC Charger Battery Light

Probably a burned out bulb. Make sure the wire connections at the bulb are good and check the bulb with an ohmeter to see if the filament is broken. If it's bad it will show infinite resistance or O.L.
Try one of our Vendors like Revolution Golf Cars for a replacement.

And yes, that bulb works on 48V.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 12:32 PM   #3
JimBouchie
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I took the dash apart and looked a little closer. I tried testing continuity with the bulb by touching the connectors attached to the bulb and got nothing. I tested continuity of the fires leading to the bulb from the wire harness and they tested OK. But I only get about .2 volts when I test them. There is another set of unused wires behind the dash that are 48v but the connectors on them are not the same as the ones connected to the bulb. I may have been mistaken misspoke when I said there was 48v to the bulb. at any rate if I don't have continuity from the wires attached to the bulb, I assume that maybe the bulb is bad regardless of what voltage is going to it.
JimBouchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 08:21 PM   #4
hunter99
Gone Wild

Club Car

Sounds like the bulb is bad. If the wires you found are Blue (if I remember right. might be red) and Black with a Yellow Stripe those for adding a battery meter.
hunter99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car