lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-28-2018, 10:07 AM   #1
Brad Harding
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 2001 DS Relay

My 2001 Club Car 48vdc has a relay between controller and motor. Recently the relay has started clicking on/off when completely stopped. I have turned key off at still at times clicks on/off. The wires to coil of relay appear to come from controller via multi wire plug connecter.There is another relay which supplies power into controller. it pulls in with fuse/key/forward reverse switch/tow switch/and micro switch on speed pedal..What pulls in "power out" relay? Could it be from controller when it sees more than 0 volts on pedal..potentometer to contacts dirty and sending small voltage to controller? Problem is this is very intermittent and each time i go to troubleshoot it isn't clicking relay..By way this relay has large resistor across contacts.what purpose?limiting inrush current through contacts? Thanks for your time and input..Brad
Brad Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-28-2018, 04:59 PM   #2
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Default Re: 2001 DS Relay

You have a regen 2 cart it seems. We refer to those relays as solenoids. The one on the drivers side is for dynamic braking. The one on the right is the one that is used to power the cart. The one on the left can be bypassed if needed. You just connect both large cables on same post cart will run fine this way but you need to unplug the speed sensor on the end of the motor.. If the solenoid on the passenger side is bad you can use the one from the left side.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 07:34 PM   #3
Brad Harding
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

thanks Mr golf..yes i believe you may have the answer ..the cart also seems to "brake" really hard when coasting to stop. so this solenoid on left is supposed to stay on til cart comes to stop? Is it pulled in by micro switch on pedal ? and stays on til zero speed is seen from speed sensor..If i just jumpered the power cable without disconnecting speed sensor what would happen? I will disconnect but curious of what would be result..Thank you very much Brad
Brad Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 07:53 PM   #4
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

If you jump the two big cables on the left solenoid and don't unhook the speed sensor, when you let off the pedal it will try to through you out the front of the cart. If it is failing I guess you would get the same thing. I'm not sure but I think the solenoid should open at a certain point when you let up on the pedal and the power goes through the resistor coil thus slowing you down smoothly.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car