lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-11-2018, 11:09 PM   #41
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: Pick my speed controller

Serg, same thing here. When we placed the XCT on my nephews '15, it would not move or do anything (solenoid would not engage). When I hooked up the tool kit I found the Float/NC bulleted and when I called Alltrax they told me to change it to High/Low and 'voila - it engaged the solenoid and worked asit always had. I have no idea if there is something different now with the controllers or something else, but I wanted you to know how this one worked in case there is more to the story.....
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-12-2018, 08:27 AM   #42
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

oh boy, here we go again with Altrax changing settings without anyone (dealers included apparently) being aware.

This is from a recent thread on a 2015 Precedent:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
I am sorry, my answer was confusing.

The ERIC system will never be in a "Floating/NC" state since it has a pull-up resistor keeping the user3 line high.

The correct option without changes is "Floating/NC" so it runs all the time, with or without the charger plugged to the cart.

If You remove the 10kΩ resistor, then changing the option to "High/Low" will allow the cart to be disabled when the charger is plugged to the cart.
He changed the setting to "Floating/NC".

Quote:
Originally Posted by davejax904 View Post
Winner. Winner. Wheels are now turning after changing that setting.
F is reverse, and R is forward, so i'll need to swap F1 and F2.

Thanks for all the help!

The way it used to work (and still does for the Floating/NC) is to read the slash as "or", so:

"Disable the Motor Controller when User3 is:"
Floating or Not Connected
High or Low

I cannot think of any chargers that use a High signal to indicate lockout, typically is the Low signal (wire connected to negative) so it would make sense to change the behaviour of that particular setting.

I suggest they either remove the word "High" since the Controller is not in lockout mode when the signal is high, or change the label to better explain the difference in settings handling.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 12:03 PM   #43
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
oh boy, here we go again with Altrax changing settings without anyone (dealers included apparently) being aware.

-snip-

I suggest they either remove the word "High" since the Controller is not in lockout mode when the signal is high, or change the label to better explain the difference in settings handling.
We either have to get you to retire from the CC Engineering Department OR moonlight at the Alltrax Engineering Department....
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 01:32 PM   #44
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Since Alltrax isn't in the business of making chargers they probably think that it no big deal how it's labeled. If it's not one selection it's the other. Fifty/fifty chance of getting it right. Same goes for the F1 & F2 connections. And now on the Absolute Throttle 2 or 3 wire selection.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 01:56 PM   #45
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I suspect that Alltrax is so successful in selling these units they hardly feel the need to address the corrections needed in their manuals. And / or they may have millions of these manuals printed which they are not going to toss out
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 02:20 PM   #46
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Printing manuals is just an old and wasteful process, specially for technical products.

This is not a matter of the manual or website being wrong, there has been a change on how the unit operates.

Was it a software change (don't remember any recent firmware or front-end change) or did they change the internal hardware that caused the behavior change?

They should do a better job communicating directly to their consumer base, that is what got them ahead of other products that you can only get information through ineffective "authorized" sources.

When information is freely and timely available, folks create derivative and innovative ways to use their products and that is what will keep them relevant in the industry.

Perhaps someone from altrax reads these threads and take notes on ways to deliver a better non-confusing experience to their community.

Sorry for veering off the subject on this thread....
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car