lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-05-2018, 09:06 PM   #1
Novafarms
Not Yet Wild

Default DS resistor cart conversion

Hi All,

I am currently rebuilding my 36V v-glide resistor cart and converting it to an Alltrax controller. My wife melted the v-glide while driving some hills at half speed and it obviously overheated. I was going to replace the v-glide but found some previous repairs once I had the batteries out so decided to bite the bullet and convert to a controller. I am sticking with 36v at the moment as the batteries are only a year old.

Basically I have converted the cart to MCOR and added a DS loom for the controller along with 2g cables. I am going to stick with the fwd/rev switch (mechanical) until I change to 48v. The drivers side and centre battery supports were badly corroded so have been cut out and replaced. I have also rebuilt all the suspension except the shocks although they need replacing also.

I would like to know if there is anything else i should do or replace while the cart is apart and it is easy to do. I have added a voltmeter to the dash along with a user switch for the SR controller and integrated these into the loom.

How tough is the stock motor? I have a 400A controller, will this be ok for the motor or should I limit it to 300?

Cheers, Nova
Novafarms is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-05-2018, 09:21 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: DS resistor cart conversion

I think you have most everything covered. Did you upgrade your solenoid to at least a 200 amp? If not, you should. Also need to change the rear end grease while you are there....

I would limit the amperage to 300 due to age of the motor. If you want to push it a little better, go ahead with the 400 and if/when it does fail, slap you on a new PQ or Admiral and keep on going....
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 10:14 PM   #3
Novafarms
Not Yet Wild

Thanks mate, Good to know I haven't forgotten anything major.

The cart is 2000.5 so it had a half decent solenoid but I have upgraded anyway.

I checked the oil in the diff and it visually looked ok but I did earmark it to change anyway as I don't know when it was last done. I'll have a look and see if I can find what type to use.

I have a Kawasaki rear end, is the oil in the diff only or does it lubricate the axles as well? When you say grease, are you talking grease for the wheel bearings in the ends of the axle tubes?

Cheers, Nova
Novafarms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 11:25 PM   #4
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novafarms View Post
-snip-
I'll have a look and see if I can find what type to use. Look below

is the oil in the diff only or does it lubricate the axles as well? Both When you say grease, are you talking grease for the wheel bearings in the ends of the axle tubes? Nope, talking about rear end grease, lubricant, oil, etc.

Cheers, Nova
Here you go
Rear End Lube Change:
-22oz's of 85w/90 synthetic rear end grease. Mobil 1 or any good quality type will work fine.
-Jack it up, pull the fill plug which is up the side of the housing. Then pull the drain plug and drain. (check oil for any foreign material)
-Reinstall the drain plug, stick your manual $8 lube pump tube (from Advance Auto Parts) in the fill hole (do not attempt to use the vent hole), lower the cart back level and pump it until it reaches the threads of the fill hole. (22 ounces + or - will get you there)

You can use a synthetic SAE 30 oil too, I choose to only run that in my engines and gear lube or grease in my rear ends...
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car