lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-24-2018, 10:24 AM   #1
absrio
Not Yet Wild

Default Club Car Precedent New Battries

I just picked up a used Club Car Precedent with 4 dead Trojan T1275 batteries. Which would be the best option for battery replacement. 4-T1275 batteries, convert to 6-8 Volt batteries, or do a lithium battery swap.

I have been reading about the lithium battery swap. I am just not sure I have all the components figured out I would need.

I will be using it for trips that are 2 miles round trip.
absrio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-24-2018, 10:34 AM   #2
Gazoo
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Club Car Precedent New Battries

What year is your cart? Shoot us the serial number so the pros can see exactly what you have. I myself converted my 4x12 to a 6x8 volts and went with T875 Trojans, My conversion was a bit more labour intensive and involved some cutting of the battery box to fit everything. You might get lucky if yours is a bit newer and has the pan that accepts both 12 volt or 8 volt...
Gazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 10:37 AM   #3
ag4ever
Gone Wild
Club Car

Easiest - 4 - 12v
Better range - 6 - 8v
Better range, better performance, and no maintenance - Lipo

Cheapest - 4 - 12v
More expensive - 6 - 8v
Most expensive - Lipo

What is your goal, and what is your budget.

My Father In Law has a Club Car with the 4 - 12v batteries, he uses it to golf and some trips to stores. He just replaced the 4 - 12v with 4 new 12v. For him that was the best choice.

For me, I want the lightest cart, best range, and no maintenance. Cost was only a secondary factor and did not drive my decision. I think the cheapest you could realistically get a lipo swap done using used battery modules is about $1,500. Even that would take very careful shopping and doing the bare minimum required to be safe. This also assumes you have access to all the tools needed for the swap.
ag4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 11:12 AM   #4
absrio
Not Yet Wild

It was listed as a 2012, but I won't have access to it for another 12 hours when I get off work.

Main use of it will be commuting 2 miles round trip between houses. I have no problem spending $1500-$2000 on the lipo for the low maintenance and better performance. Future goals is to add a lift and larger tires.
Old 09-24-2018, 01:42 PM   #5
ag4ever
Gone Wild
Club Car

I am in the process of the lipo swap. I don't have it complete yet, but here is my list of parts and prices so far.

I am sure there will be some more parts and pieces needed before I am done.

The thread is over in the Extreme DC section.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Lipo Battery Conversion.JPG (134.8 KB, 0 views)
ag4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 05:59 PM   #6
absrio
Not Yet Wild

I read about your swap today.

Turns out I have 2007 cart. I think I might just put in the 8v conversion. Other than cutting should be straight forward.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car