lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-27-2018, 11:55 AM   #1
donnymirage
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Aux coil fault

Can someone explain what this means and how do I fix it.
donnymirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-27-2018, 02:27 PM   #2
CharleyL
Gone Wild

Cushman

Default Re: Aux coil fault

It usually requires replacement of the coil, unless you can see a damaged winding on the coil, like where the wires attach to the coil windings. Most likely, replacement will be the only option.

You might get more help if you provide the cart model and information about what coil you are talking about. It's kind of a "stab in the dark" answer with no information to go on. Because you posted this in the electric club car forum, I'm assuming that you aren't referring to an ignition coil on a gas engine, but the subject is wide open from there.

Charley
CharleyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 03:37 PM   #3
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharleyL View Post
It usually requires replacement of the coil, unless you can see a damaged winding on the coil, like where the wires attach to the coil windings. Most likely, replacement will be the only option.

You might get more help if you provide the cart model and information about what coil you are talking about. It's kind of a "stab in the dark" answer with no information to go on. Because you posted this in the electric club car forum, I'm assuming that you aren't referring to an ignition coil on a gas engine, but the subject is wide open from there.

Charley
Good detailed answer Charley!
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 04:16 PM   #4
donnymirage
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

2013 Precident. Its a new build with a Curtis 1268 controller and a AMD 7177 motor. Kit came with wires and heavier solenoid as well. I have a 1313 OEM level Programmer. The codes I'm getting are aux coil fault and circuit breaker open. They seem to relate to the walkaway function. I wasn't getting top speed I should have been so I bought the programmer as that is the only way to program a Curtis controller. Now something has happened and the cart only goes 3 mph. I don't understand what coil they are talking about. The 3 mph thing makes me think it could be the speed sensor. Im all new to this.

Description of faults in Manual

2,5 AUX COIL FAULT Missing aux (brake, relay) coil. 1. Aux coil open or not connected.

CIRCUIT BRKR OPEN Circuit breaker or fuse open 1. Breaker/fuse tripped or open.
in WalkAway™ circuit. 2. Breaker/fuse defective.
3. Relay/fuse sense line broken.
Old 09-29-2018, 01:57 PM   #5
donnymirage
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Had to flip a function to off with the programer. The function enables the walk away relay which I don't have. When not detected it throws a code and puts cart in limp mode.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car