lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-01-2018, 06:37 PM   #21
ratclr213
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2004 precedent regen stopped

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
Make sure that for test #2 the Pedal is pressed (or You have a paper clip by-passing the MCOR 2-pin connector).
it was pressed

I just reran all the test again and everything was the same except the OHMs. The ohms went back down to 0

So do we think it is the solenoid ?

Thanks
Rob
ratclr213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-01-2018, 08:17 PM   #22
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Looks like your controller has lost its ability (FET failure) and is no longer supplying the Neg through the Blue w/White stripe wire to close the solenoid, as you seem to have the Pos inputs required.

You can probe the 16 pin connector like so: (One wheel jacked up) Get your DVM and place the Black probe on the pack Neg and then with the key On, cart in Fwd, and Go Pedal depressed, take the Red probe and check to see if you have pack voltage on the following pins at the controller: Pin 5 - Lgt Blue, Pin 6 - Green, Pin 8 - Brown, Pin 9 - Grey, and Pin 10 - Tan.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 09:00 PM   #23
ratclr213
Not Yet Wild

Thank you Nole for the help I really appreciate it.
Sorry for my ignorance about stuff.
Should I pull the 16 pin plug out of connector or just leaved it plug in while I probe it from the top ?????

Thanks Rob
Old 10-01-2018, 09:34 PM   #24
ratclr213
Not Yet Wild

pulled the plug from the connector

the pack is 50.5

5 pin is 48.9
6 pin is 49.9
8 pin is 49.9
9 pin is 49.9
10 pin is 49.9
Old 10-01-2018, 10:32 PM   #25
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Sorry Rob, but we have proven your controller has failed. You can get a replacement here https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/c...rs-and-magnets as the XCT300 will be a bolt on Plug & Play replacement with much more speed and torque and User input into controlability, troubleshooting and reliability. And still cheaper then a new Curtis which is Old School compared to today's Logic Controllers.

If you plan to go bigger down the road, you can get a 400 or 500 and it will be tuned to your stock motor and then you can tune it up if needed down the road.

PS- And you did a great job troubleshooting it!
Old 10-09-2018, 08:17 PM   #26
ratclr213
Not Yet Wild

Noles sorry it took so long to get back here but life gets in the way sometimes for all of us.
I first want thank you for taking your time and helping get through this and the others who responded also.
Ok well I ended up getting the same controller as the one I had.
So my question is on install just disconnect the pack - and pack + Then disconnect the controller wires and and transfer the wires over to the new controller ?
Thanks again I really appreciate the help
Rob
Old 10-09-2018, 11:10 PM   #27
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratclr213 View Post
Noles sorry it took so long to get back here but life gets in the way sometimes for all of us.
I first want thank you for taking your time and helping get through this and the others who responded also.
Ok well I ended up getting the same controller as the one I had.
So my question is on install just disconnect the pack - and pack + Then disconnect the controller wires and and transfer the wires over to the new controller ?
Thanks again I really appreciate the help
Rob
Place it on Tow, disconnect Main Pack Negative (MPN), then swap out/over controllers. It is relatively easy. Then when all done, reconnect MPN, then back to Run and enjoy the ride....
Old 10-10-2018, 01:03 PM   #28
ratclr213
Not Yet Wild

The part should be here this afternoon. Hopefully I can get it put in tonite. I will let you know how it went.
Thanks Rob
Old 10-10-2018, 05:36 PM   #29
ratclr213
Not Yet Wild

ok got it all installed and it did not do anything. It still will not go.
Thanks Rob
Old 10-10-2018, 06:32 PM   #30
ratclr213
Not Yet Wild

Ok so I reran all the test

Lets see if you are getting the closure at the solenoid. Cart jacked up, place your black probe on the Main Pack Neg and then the Red probe on the Battery side of the solenoids' large lug - you should have pack voltage. 51.7

On the other sides' large lug (controller side) you should have 0.5 to 1 volt less. 50.7

Now turn the key On, rocker switch in Fwd, and Go Pedal depressed - you should hear a loud click from the solenoid and now have full pack voltage on the controller side lug. 51.7

At the solenoid small posts do the following:
1- Take your DVM and place the red lead on the solid blue wire and the black lead on the main pack negative. You should get pack voltage (If not, we lost the Pos Input) with the key off 0

2- Next, take your DVM and place the black lead on the blue/white stripe wire and the red lead on the main pack positive. You should get pack voltage (If not, we lost the Neg input)with key off 51.7

If redo the above test with key on
1) 51.0
2) o

Checking the resistance across the small post on solenoid with the dvm set on 200 ohms I get a reading of 186.3

Thanks Rob
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car