lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-02-2018, 02:59 PM   #11
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: All New Setup .... only moves in one direction

Thank you Sergio, apparently you and I were both going through this at the same time. Kind of a waste of somebody's resources.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-02-2018, 03:49 PM   #12
jkelley9999
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Thank you Sergio, apparently you and I were both going through this at the same time. Kind of a waste of somebody's resources.
This was not meant to be a waste of resources .... i searched and found no other threads like this so i thought it would be good to document what the process was to finding a fix.

If this is the type of welcome received then i can just read the forum and not participate.
jkelley9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 03:59 PM   #13
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

I was trying to bring closure and document your issue for future members.

Installing the diode backwards is the #1 mistake, but since You said the Contactor was "clicking" in both directions, that would have eliminated that possibility.

As it turned out the cables were all in the correct location so the contactor could not have been "clicking" or it would have worked.

I am glad You got it working, but make sure there is a working diode in each of the coils as they do serve a purpose which is to prevent premature failure of the device switching the contactor on/off.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 04:10 PM   #14
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkelley9999 View Post
-snip-
If this is the type of welcome received then i can just read the forum and not participate.
ALWAYS be yourself and do not let another dictate you or your participation in things.... If you have truly read and researched the threads here, then you have found that there are many of differing opinions, even on the same subject matter(s). One thing is for sure, the more participation there is here, the more information is shared and their contributions are archived for others.... (As was to Sergio's point)

Now read, enjoy and share knowledge....
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 09:26 AM   #15
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkelley9999 View Post
This was not meant to be a waste of resources .... i searched and found no other threads like this so i thought it would be good to document what the process was to finding a fix.

Please feel free to participate and feel comfortable asking questions. This forum was designed for that type of experience. We try to hold true to that image.

I still remember my very first post years and years ago on another forum. And the answer. And the feeling I felt after. I almost never posted again. Glad I decided to keep going.

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 11:16 AM   #16
jkelley9999
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thumbs up Re: All New Setup .... only moves in one direction

Finally got everything working on the cart!!!

Not sure what exactly the issue was. It was all wired correctly and diodes were in there correctly. Maybe it was a loose wire on the reversing contactor? I did manage to get some pictures of the diode wiring and attached them. I also removed all wires and squeezed the female spade connectors some to ensure they were making a good connection. You can see one in the picture that was not fully pressed in, i had to tighten them up and make sure all were pressed in firmly. The connectors on the side of the relays wiggle a bit and it made me nervous pressing as hard as i needed to but it is working great now.

i'm also including the picture of the top of the relays with the wire connection info in case that helps someone else.

Love the power and speed this thing has now. No lift and stock tires and it runs 21mph on flat ground at 36 volts

Have everything i need now for 48 volt conversion also
Attached Images
File Type: jpg coil.jpg (91.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg coil2.jpg (90.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Wires.jpg (124.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-03-2018, 11:24 AM   #17
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Great details. (And just a note, but I have found that the fully insulated spade connectors work a little better and provide protection from accidental arcing if something was to come into contact with them. )
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 11:33 AM   #18
jkelley9999
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Photo of reversing contactor (SW202) with labels of wire connections.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Relay with Lables.jpg (226.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-03-2018, 11:39 AM   #19
jkelley9999
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
Great details. (And just a note, but I have found that the fully insulated spade connectors work a little better and provide protection from accidental arcing if something was to come into contact with them. )
Yes you are absolutely correct i just ran out of them

I plan on redoing the wires soon when i add the additional batteries to convert to 48 volt.

I also need to clean up the install and split loom everything.

I think i need to add a 1/2 speed reverse also, it will chip the tires if I floor it in reverse

Tags
all trax controller, club car, sw202
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car