lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-11-2018, 06:09 AM   #1
warrenblockson
Not Yet Wild

Default 2015 Precedent E.R.I.C. Charger orange light flashing

I have a 2015 Precedent with original batteries. When I plug in the charger it acts normal and begins to charge. After about 5 mins it stops charging and the orange light on the charger begins to flash rapidly. Any ideas what to begin with checking? Thanks guys!
warrenblockson is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-11-2018, 09:22 AM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: 2015 Precedent E.R.I.C. Charger orange light flashing

Flashing means the charger has detected a fault and is unable to complete the charge.

First thing to try would be to make sure all of your battery posts and cable terminals are clean and bolted down tight, including the eyelets that come from the charge receptacle. Remove all of the cables and make sure the battery posts are clean on top where the terminals make contact. They should be shiny clean. If there is any corrosion or dark gray/black oxidation be sure to remove it before reinstalling the cables.

Check the voltage and electrolyte level of each battery. You may have one or more batteries failing.

Next try to reset the charger. Unplug it from the cart and the wall outlet, wait about a minute after all of the status lights go out. Plug the charger into the wall outlet, wait for the Blue status light to come on solid, then plug the charger into the cart.

Download the IDAT software from the DeltaQ website and use it to view the data logs from the charger. Any charger errors will be displayed in the logs and you can use that info to determine what needs to be fixed.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 10:52 AM   #3
mndanielsncsu
Gone Wild
Club Car

Reviving an old post here...

I have a friend's 2017 Precedent that had 2016 batteries that I replaced last night with the US Battery 1800 series. Battery SOC light initially flashed a number of times after I installed the batteries so I charged them with the ERIC charger. Everything looked to be good charging so I went to bed. When I got up the orange triangle was flashing. I haven't pulled the data from the charger yet but i'm surprised this would occur on brand new batteries. Any ideas?

Battery posts look good, cart ran before I charged it (assume it still does but I'm at work). I'll check battery water levels when I get home. Wanted to have a game plan of actions.

I did download the algorithm 11 for the batteries but haven't uploaded it to the charger. Would that throw the error light?
mndanielsncsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 10:55 AM   #4
mndanielsncsu
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mndanielsncsu View Post

I have a friend's 2017 Precedent that had 2016 batteries that I replaced last night with the US Battery 1800 series. Battery SOC light initially flashed a number of times after I installed the batteries so I charged them with the ERIC charger. Everything looked to be good charging so I went to bed. When I got up the orange triangle was flashing. I haven't pulled the data from the charger yet but i'm surprised this would occur on brand new batteries. Any ideas?

Battery posts look good, cart ran before I charged it (assume it still does but I'm at work). I'll check battery water levels when I get home. Wanted to have a game plan of actions.

I did download the algorithm 11 for the batteries but haven't uploaded it to the charger. Would that throw the error light?
Updated the charger to algorithm 11 and it's been charging close to 15 hours and it's around 46V. A little surprised at how low the new batteries are on charge. The SOC light has been flashing the entire time too.
Old 08-13-2020, 11:25 AM   #5
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Take a USB stick and get the data out of the charger to figure out what is happening.

Also double check again one of the batteries is not backwards, specially if that 46v is while the pack was still charging.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 06:54 AM   #6
mndanielsncsu
Gone Wild
Club Car

I'm stumped on this one still. I've tried charging the pack a few times over the weekend and the ERIC charger throws the error stating "BattNotQualified". I've confirmed all of the wiring is correct. I tried using a MODZ charger and it stays in trickle mode indefinitely. The pack never gets above about 40V off the charger. Each battery is somewhere around 6.5V. I bought the batteries last week.

It's a 2017 Precedent with no electrical upgrades.
Old 08-17-2020, 07:43 AM   #7
yawood
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mndanielsncsu View Post

I have a friend's 2017 Precedent that had 2016 batteries that I replaced last night with the US Battery 1800 series. ...
US 1800 series batteries are 6V but you said that the cart is a 2017 Precedent which should have 8V batteries. The US batteries you need are 8V red tops.
yawood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 07:48 AM   #8
mndanielsncsu
Gone Wild
Club Car

Wow, I feel like an idiot. Good catch. Called the battery place and they are swapping them out. That didn't even dawn on me
Old 08-17-2020, 08:19 AM   #9
Wakko47
Gone Loco

Club Car

How slow was the cart on 36? Did the shop screw up or did you?
Wakko47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 08:26 AM   #10
mndanielsncsu
Gone Wild
Club Car

I never even ran the cart. I came home, installed the batteries, and have been trying to charge them ever since. It was the shop.... I didn't even think to check, i just assumed they were 8V.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car