lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-04-2018, 05:40 PM   #21
Roxyflash
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Jerks hard on last solenoid

What do mean controller they have a ramp switch that turns on each solenoid the later version have v glide the first solenoid sends power to the other 4 if the first one dont work then the other wont fired up if your coil is glowing it should be sending full power not using any coils basicly the first and last solenoid sending power straight tru not using any coils something isnt wired correctly there are four speeds the first solenoid turn on the flow then the second one fires up all coils the third bypasses the first coil the the forth bypasses the second coil then the fifth one bypasses the third coil the solid copper buss sends flow from the first and fifth for full power with no resistors.It shouldnt be glowing if your running full throttle.
Roxyflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-05-2018, 06:34 AM   #22
Beagle Buggie
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Is there any way to bypass the resistors ,like could I run battery leads straight to the solenoids at say 12, 18 ,24 volts? if so what would that do to me when I switch to reverse? I don't understand the voltage flow when it is in reverse. Thank you all for your help
Beagle Buggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 09:02 AM   #23
Beagle Buggie
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Could I put smaller resistance coils on the solenoids to bring the voltages up ? If so would you have a suggestion on what size and how many loops, I have several sizes that I could modify to use. Thanks again
Old 11-09-2018, 09:14 AM   #24
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

You are making this way more difficult than it needs to be, that design is about as simple as you can get.

If the first resistor on the passenger side is getting hot, that means that first solenoid (full speed) is not closing, there is no other option.

The solenoid may very well be "clicking", but the contacts are not closing.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 09:41 AM   #25
Beagle Buggie
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Its closing, I checked with my meter I get 37 volts when it comes in. its not hot when you are at wide open throttle. when it comes in it will almost throw you off. I need more voltage on the first three to get it moving before the last one comes on.
Old 11-09-2018, 09:46 AM   #26
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Make sure you have the resistor coils on the right sequence.

The one on the passenger side should be the largest gauge and the fewer number of turns.

The one on the driver side will be smallest gauge and the most number of turns.

Check these diagrams for your cart to make sure the solenoids are wired correctly:
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ml#post1417159
Old 11-09-2018, 09:54 AM   #27
Beagle Buggie
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

resistors correct and wires correct. LukeL says this high torque motor is causing my problem?
Old 11-09-2018, 10:03 AM   #28
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Very possible. Most aftermarket motors say “No resistor setups” clearly on the description.

Club Car DS driver’s club #59
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 10:06 AM   #29
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Club Car had different resistors if you installed their bigger HP motor, let me look up the values....

I could only find that info for the VGlide version of the resistor coil setup.

Bassically the 2 resistor coils on the passenger side are lower resistance (bigger gauge and fewer turns) since the motor will be requiring more current and resistance creates heat.

As mentioned, big motors that demand higher current are not an ideal setup for a resistor cart, especially at lower speed since you need the resistors to limit the speed.

Do You have extra big gauge resistor coils?

If so, add them in parallel with the last 2 resistor resistor coils.

Removing turns from the smaller gauge resistors may not help much since they cannot dissipate as much heat as the larger gauge.

Last edited by Sergio; 11-09-2018 at 10:24 AM.. Reason: Update on resistor size.
Old 11-09-2018, 11:32 AM   #30
Beagle Buggie
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

so bigger wire coils and less loops have less resistance than small wire coils?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car