lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-25-2018, 10:28 AM   #1
Spoolx
Gone Wild

Default 2004 Club Car DS charge at 0 amps

Hi all,
New guy here and have been reading the forum all night, figured I would start a thread even though I know a lot of stuff has been covered numerous times.

Anyhow, I bought a 2004 Club Car DS with IQ 48v last night for $550 that doesn’t run and didn’t have a charger. I found a guy locally with a charger for $150 so I am in to this thing $700.

When I got the cart home, it is not responsive at all and the charger did nothing when I plugged it in.
I checked voltage at each battery and one was almost zero volts. I hooked my 12v car charger at 2 amps to that battery and let it sit for a minute or two and then I rechecked voltage and get about 40across the stack. Still the charger did nothing, no click no hum nothing. Through reading the forum I found the fuse was blown at the grey wire in the charger plug so I replaced that. Now the charger clicks and the amps only go up slightly, still only like 1 amp maybe.
So I took the charger to a friend that has one and it immediately jumped to 15 amps so I’m confident the charger works.
I know this cart likely needs batteries but I had to drop $700-$800 on batteries to find out something else is majorly wrong.

I’ve read a bunch about tricking the charger to work but every diagram I saw shows a different configuration than my charger, and I assume since the charger is clicking (relay???) that it’s trying to charge.

FWIW I be no sounds, put in reverse there is no buzzer and the cart doesn’t move at all

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks
Spoolx is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-25-2018, 11:22 AM   #2
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2004 Club Car DS charge at 0 amps

I’m guessing the batteries have no ability to hold a charge or power up the cart (could be other issues as well). How old are they?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 11:34 AM   #3
Spoolx
Gone Wild

I’m starting to think you’re right.. I charged each battery with a 12 v charger and the cart still wouldn’t kick on the charger.. but the reverse buzzer worked and it drove for about 50feet before dying.

On a side note, is there a good place to buy used parts? I want to replace some of the trim and stuff to make it nicer.
Spoolx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 11:35 AM   #4
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Definitely batteries then. As far as used parts, maybe a dealer near you or Craigslist?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 07:57 PM   #5
Roxyflash
Gone Wild
Club Car

Try leaving the car vharger on till you get full voltage on each battery after they sit gor a hour then plug it back in
Roxyflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car