lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-02-2018, 05:49 PM   #11
anziosaint
Gone Wild

Default Re: 1995 DS 48v series cart. I’me stumped?

Mooncarter, I took out the original and replaced it with one I found on amazon by using the mfg. name on the switch and the stamped part number. The one I received was identical so I put it in. It was a bit pricey at 20$ but I am sure it is a hard to find part.

I do not have a v-glide. The micro switch in the pot box is new as well. I did try the jumper wire test a week or two ago but maybe I didn’t do something right. Run the procedure by me again pls.

FYI: the pictures are of my selanoid as it sits in the cart now. Do all the wires appear to be in the right places? I attached them per the wiring diagram.

And..... the teal/green switch. Is the new one I replaced in the pot box. It just has the cover off still.
anziosaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-02-2018, 06:06 PM   #12
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

The reason I asked about the micro switch is because Ithought they were no longer available. I have a 95 like yours.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 06:10 PM   #13
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Look at my thread "1995 DS Mystery Drive." Lot's of good info and the wiring diagram you need.

I would link it here if I knew how.
Old 12-02-2018, 06:10 PM   #14
anziosaint
Gone Wild

Ok, I couldn’t wait. I just went outside and disconnected the SMALL yellow wire from the small post ( that wire goes into the factory grey wire loom but appears to pop back out at the controller and hook to a small spade terminal.) I disconnected that wire and ran a jumper wire from the pack negative and touched it to that post. I energized the key switch and nothing happened?.

BTW..... I should have turned the key off before moving anything because as I pulled the jumper wire from the small terminal it grazed the large selanoid post and gave me a fireworks show in my face🤬 I just barely grazed it so hopefully no big deal but is scared the “you know what” outta me not expecting it!
Old 12-02-2018, 06:19 PM   #15
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

No. Run a wire from the small post yellow wire. Unhook that wire, run another, different wire (does not matter what color) for testing. Run that wire from that small post to the main negative of battery pack.
Old 12-02-2018, 06:28 PM   #16
anziosaint
Gone Wild

Ok, I unhooked the small yellow wire from the small post. Hooked a length of wire from that disconnected yellow wire and ran the other end of that length to the pack negative terminal. I got nothing. Placed it in forward with key on and depressed the gas pedal..... nothing. No activation of the selanoid?
Old 12-02-2018, 06:32 PM   #17
anziosaint
Gone Wild

Sorry for those of you I have been annoying with my spelling... Solenoid. I’me an idiot😳
Old 12-02-2018, 06:37 PM   #18
anziosaint
Gone Wild

Is the diode on the solenoid directional? I am wondering if when the previous owner wired the thing up he got something backwards if that’s possible?
Old 12-02-2018, 06:38 PM   #19
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Solenoid is bad unless you fried something. Look at the diagram in the thread above I told you about.
Old 12-02-2018, 07:04 PM   #20
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Yes. Diode is directional. Resistor on large posts is not.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car