lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-12-2018, 02:15 PM   #1
Gazoo
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default DPI Gen IV Accusense (OBC bypassed) Acting up?

So I'm beginning to wonder if my new this summer DPI is acting up or maybe its somehow on an incorrect setting. I haven't been waiting for the seemingly nonexistent "maintenance mode" since putting the cart in winter storage - instead I'm triggering a charge every 7-8 days. I had noticed the pack was discharging rather quickly but now I'm wondering if its simply not getting charged enough and thats why it seems so low after a week. This past summer when triggering a charge the gauge would go up to 17 amps or so and then slowly come down over a 2-3 hour charge leaving me with 52.x ish when done. I noticed this week it goes up to 12 or 13 amps but comes down rather quickly and an hour later shows pack charged. I checked the pack before charging (with DVM) and it was at 50.3. All accessories unplugged from pack so only thing on the pack is the red for charging and also in tow. I have the proper DIP switch settings as well, this got clarified by Nole when he noted I had the switch numbering inversed. Levels are good in the cells and all connections to batteries tight and clean with new cables. I decided to unplug the charger for a few hours to see if maybe something will reset and return it to its former glory. I'm beginning to think I should have gone with a Lester....

Has Bigfoot been messing with my charger?

- Gazoo
Gazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-12-2018, 03:03 PM   #2
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: DPI Gen IV Accusense (OBC bypassed) Acting up?

Dude, do you forget where we live??? Cold batts will not accept as high amps during charging [at the same voltage] as they do in summer. They also don't selfdischarge much in winter either. RELAX a little.
dundeebarnbuggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 04:46 PM   #3
Gazoo
Gone Wild

Club Car

I don't make any claims or know anything about batteries and the effects of climate on charging, hence the queries. As you can see by my post count I'm relatively new to the hobby. The cart is stored in a warm garage - so unless the cart can see my snap-on calendar, I don't understand how winter months stored in a heated garage can affect the charging. Maybe I am worrying for nothing but when the so called maintenance mode never showed I became suspicious of the charger. As for the self discharging, thats just it, I'm not seeing the 52 volts after the pack has settled down after the charge cycle. When I look a few days after the completed charge I'm seeing 50.6/50.7 or so. If thats reasonable then I won't panic.
Old 12-12-2018, 05:11 PM   #4
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Sorry, I thought you mentioned in a previous thread that your cart was stored in an unheated shed or garage [which you were sleeping in at the time.]
dundeebarnbuggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 05:18 PM   #5
Gazoo
Gone Wild

Club Car

LOL, No worries. I do have an unheated shed and thats where I would likely end up when in the dog house with the old lady. The warm garage is home to the cart and the Harley.
Old 12-13-2018, 08:53 AM   #6
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazoo View Post
I don't make any claims or know anything about batteries and the effects of climate on charging, hence the queries. As you can see by my post count I'm relatively new to the hobby. The cart is stored in a warm garage - so unless the cart can see my snap-on calendar, I don't understand how winter months stored in a heated garage can affect the charging. [emoji38] Maybe I am worrying for nothing but when the so called maintenance mode never showed I became suspicious of the charger. As for the self discharging, thats just it, I'm not seeing the 52 volts after the pack has settled down after the charge cycle. When I look a few days after the completed charge I'm seeing 50.6/50.7 or so. If thats reasonable then I won't panic. [emoji106]
52 volts sounds a bit high for resting pack voltage. 50.7 is an acceptable resting voltage for storage in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 11:01 AM   #7
Gazoo
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgray70 View Post
52 volts sounds a bit high for resting pack voltage. 50.7 is an acceptable resting voltage for storage in my opinion.

Good to hear! Perhaps I was being overly concerned but those Trojans ain't cheap...
Old 12-13-2018, 12:00 PM   #8
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Here is the chart you can go. As long as resting voltage is where it is now you're mighty close to 100%. Float mode would be around 52-54, but I don't thing the gen 4 has float mode. Only a maintenance mode. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 12:21 PM   #9
bobbycason
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgray70 View Post
Here is the chart you can go. As long as resting voltage is where it is now you're mighty close to 100%. Float mode would be around 52-54, but I don't thing the gen 4 has float mode. Only a maintenance mode. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I believe, from what I've read in different threads, it kicks on at 50 volts or 28 days.
bobbycason is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car