lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-13-2018, 10:05 AM   #11
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Reverse light tapped into the buzzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hit it like a champ View Post
Are you telling me there is 48 volts going to the buzzer if so if I order a 48v led like you did can I just splice into the 2 wires going to the buzzer
The reverse buzzer is driven by the Controller on a Precedent.

Do not add unnecessary load to that driver, the 48v relay coil only uses about 20 mA (0.02 amps) and You can add high power 12v LED spot lights to the rear of the cart.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-13-2018, 11:56 AM   #12
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Yawood, Not trying to make this political but all of the added charges are probably not shipping but Australian tariffs.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 12:49 PM   #13
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
To what???? You mean enhance, make better, meliorate, improve, mitigate, augment, revise, etc. (I called Mooncarter and he told me how to pronunciate all dim big ole words you used on us.....)
LOL. I have seen it used in Landlord/Tenant law. Rarely used in American English. For example: A tenant installs granite countertops and hardwood flooring in a home he is renting. The landlord does not like or want granite or hardwood. The tenant has caused "ameliorative waste" and is liable for the costs of returning things as they were.

While the tenant may have thought he was "mitigating" a condition so to speak, he later finds out he has not, and is responsible for damages.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 01:06 PM   #14
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooncarter View Post
LOL. I have seen it used in Landlord/Tenant law. Rarely used in American English. For example: A tenant installs granite countertops and hardwood flooring in a home he is renting. The landlord does not like or want granite or hardwood. The tenant has caused "ameliorative waste" and is liable for the costs of returning things as they were.

While the tenant may have thought he was "mitigating" a condition so to speak, he later finds out he has not, and is responsible for damages.
When me and Jethro Bodine gradyeated da 6th grad, dim teches told me and us wed woodnt see all dose big ole words in da sodern sosiety.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 01:23 PM   #15
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Aint mitigating what them people do whos comin across the border illegal?

NVM, I cypherd it! Birds do it in the winter timer!
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 02:45 PM   #16
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

I node Nole and fairtax wud cipher this 4 us.
Old 12-13-2018, 03:53 PM   #17
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hit it like a champ View Post
Are you telling me there is 48 volts going to the buzzer if so if I order a 48v led like you did can I just splice into the 2 wires going to the buzzer
That's what I plan on doing (1995 DS series). I think Sergio is suggesting you don't do that with your cart. Heck, there may be a reason I shouldn't do it but I don't know what it would be.

I'm not using the buzzer anyway. I would rather see where I'm backing, than hear a buzzer and the sound of me crashing into something in the dark.

And yes, as far as I know all the reverse buzzers are pack voltage.
Old 12-13-2018, 04:30 PM   #18
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
Aint mitigating what them people do whos comin across the border illegal?

NVM, I cypherd it! Birds do it in the winter timer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooncarter View Post
I node Nole and fairtax wud cipher this 4 us.
Team work!
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 06:35 PM   #19
yawood
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterM6 View Post
Yawood, Not trying to make this political but all of the added charges are probably not shipping but Australian tariffs.
Yeah, you might be right. I know that retailers now have to charge the 10% Australian GST (Goods & Services Tax) (same as your State tax except that ours is Australia wide) which is listed separately from the postage. Either way the postage charge is ridiculous these days (a few years ago it was ok but then it rose substantially).

The GST is an interesting one. They used not to collect the GST on on-line overseas orders of less than AUS$1000 but the Australian retailers objected because they had to pay it for items in Australia. So now businesses overseas have to collect the GST on an item and send it to the Aust gov. I've noticed, since that was changed, that some places in the States now say "Will not ship to Australia".

There are ways around it. There are businesses in the States that are parcel forwarders. We can buy a product using their address for free shipping in the US from the seller. They then re-address to us and their postage is more reasonable. Either that or get a mate in the States to do that for us, especially for small items - though I'm loathe to do that as it mucks people around. Even so it is a bit of a pain so, for American goods, I always look for an Australian reseller where possible and get the same item locally. Either that or look for an equivalent that is made in Australia, but that's not always possible, especially where you want a particular brand or model).

It's also interesting that some US on-line sites look at your IP address and won't even let you on the site (or order from the site) if your IP address is not located in the USA. We get around that by using a VPN and logging onto an American server so that the seller's computer thinks that you are located in the States.

Cheers.
yawood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 07:22 PM   #20
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

"Goods & Services" tax. Yawood, does that mean labor is taxed as well? We don't have that here.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car