lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-13-2018, 08:14 AM   #1
Wndrmike
Not Yet Wild

Default 2016 Precedent E.R.I.C Running Cart plugged in

I have a 2016 Precedent new to me. I want to be able to run my cart with the E.R.I.C. charger plugged in, or connected to the batteries. I want to unplug the onboard charger from the wall outlet and be able to drive without having to unplug charger from cart. What is the best cleanest way to accomplish this?
Wndrmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-13-2018, 08:58 AM   #2
jeremy98
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2016 Precedent E.R.I.C Running Cart plugged in

I believe that with this "onboard charger", you do not need to disconnect the D/C side of the cables. They remain hooked up to the batteries with no risk of damage to the charger or the batteries. Unless I am misunderstaning what you are asking.
jeremy98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 09:40 AM   #3
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The ERIC charger configured for external use part number is IC0650-048-CC, the one configured for onboard use part number is IC0650-048-COMM.

The main difference is in the interlock circuit available on the 14-pin AmpSeal 776262 connector in the -COMM version.

You will need to make a minor modification to the harness if You want to mount the -CC version on the cart and still have interlock.

I don't think the ERIC (DeltaQ IC650) has the same configuration issue as the Summit where it needs a program change so it knows to start a new cycle on the AC being plugged instead of the DC.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 03:24 PM   #4
Wndrmike
Not Yet Wild

How would I makenthis modification? This cart needs to have the charger plugged into the dc charger input. This ERIC charger is mounted to the car.
Old 12-13-2018, 03:30 PM   #5
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

I am not sure what model # you have, was it mounted in the cart originally?

How is the charger DC output connected to the batteries?
Old 12-17-2018, 06:43 AM   #6
Wndrmike
Not Yet Wild

The charger was originally mounted outside the car. So essentially the E.R.I.C charger was then just bolted to the car. The charger connects to the charger port on the car. I am just wanting to find a way to disconnect the interlock?
Old 12-17-2018, 09:25 AM   #7
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

If You have the charger DC plug connected to the cart, the only thing You can do is to disconnect the light blue wire that comes off the receptacle.

There is a bullet connector on that light blue wire, just disconnect it.

The controller will not go into lockout with that wire disconnected.

If You want to have interlock, You need to remove the DC cord from the charger and run new 12ga wires from the charger + and - terminals to the cart positive and negative connections.

You also need to run a 18-16ga wire from charger C3 terminal directly to Controller pin #5.

Tags
48v, eric
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car