lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-18-2018, 10:54 PM   #1
Dlab
Gone Wild

Default Alltrax SR500 issue

Every couple weeks I notice the cart seems to be lacking full power, so I plug in the toolbox and sure enough it only reads 80% full throttle. So I clear the cad and all is well for a while.... but it always reverts back to this sooner or later?

Any suggestions? Quite frustrating when you know what it should do, it doesn’t, then you have to plug it in and clear it to get 100% throttle every few weeks....
Dlab is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-18-2018, 11:13 PM   #2
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Alltrax SR500 issue

Use the Absolute throttle settings.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 11:03 AM   #3
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Fix the throttle linkage that is preventing the MCOR from consistently reaching the 100% pedal travel.

On a DS cart you can use a piece of fuel hose or a zip tie under the worn out piece under the accelerator pedal.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 03:49 PM   #4
Dlab
Gone Wild

This was formally a resistor cart, don’t believe I have an mcor?

How do I pull up the absolute throttle? I don’t see that in the tool box? It always reverts to 80% throttle untill I clear it, then it’s fine and back to 100%
Old 12-20-2018, 07:41 PM   #5
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

If you don't have a MCOR what throttle are you programming it for? Anyway the answer to setting up a "Absolute Throttle" is too long to answer here. I'm attaching a copy of the software manual. Start at chapter 9 and you should be OK
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Doc113-002-E_XCT-SRX-Toolkit-Manual-1.pdf (1.64 MB, 0 views)
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 08:13 AM   #6
Dlab
Gone Wild

Thanks for the pdf Walter, I can get it figured out after browsing through it. Oh and I have pot box throttle that comes with Scotty bs conversion kit
Old 12-21-2018, 08:24 AM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

That pot box is 0-5000 Ω. Test the actual output.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 08:39 AM   #8
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Make sure you're achieving as close to 5000 ohms as possible with the pedal pressed and make sure it's a linear resistance curve when going to fully pressed. i.e. no jumpy or lagging spots during movement of the pot arm. It should be very consistent.
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 09:24 AM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The output is fully adjustable if you are careful. Anything below 200 is good for "0" and anything above 4600 is okay for "5000"
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 09:45 AM   #10
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Keep in mind that 'Absolute Throttle Setting" = "Fixed Throttle Setting".

What this means is that if Your throttle was reaching 100% when you ran the absolute throttle calibration, it will still fail the same way next time it only reaches a 80% signal.

The only way that is possibly going to help You is if You happen to be sending a 80% signal when you run the 'Absolute throttle" calibration as it will ignore future values above that setting.

I will also add that no cart using an Alltrax controller should use a resistor to reduce the reverse speed, you should only use the "reverse" speed terminal provided on the Controller.

Alltrax has never published the exact algorithm used for the auto-calibration, and while the low setting is pretty easy (the throttle value at the time the pedal micro-switch closes), the high value is not so easy to determine.

I am guessing is based on the median of the highest sampling after "x" number of KSI cycles, so keeping the throttle signal consistent would help in case a lot of reverse driving takes place.

Last edited by Sergio; 12-21-2018 at 10:01 AM.. Reason: Note about reduced reverse speed.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car