lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-24-2018, 07:23 AM   #1
bobwalter
Not Yet Wild

Default Slow throttle response

I have a 2006 Precedent (PQ06.....) with new 12 volt Trojans. Have had the cart 3 months and am satisfied with it. Installed rear seat and speed magnet (19 mph) and have new rear springs ready to install. I have not ridden in any other Precedents and therefore have a question. When I press the go pedal, there is not an immediate response. There is a two to three second delay before it accelerates. This delay comes at any speed and makes the cart run very smooth. It is not a problem but I am wondering if this is normal or if it is a sign that something is going wrong. I have a 96 DS at my summer home and the throttle response is immediate and it will jerk your head back on full acceleration. The Precedent sort of surges ahead rather than jerks. The performance of both carts is acceptable, just very different. Is this normal for the Precedent or do I expect a developing problem?
bobwalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-24-2018, 08:06 AM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: Slow throttle response

You are in a Sepex cart and your other is a Series. The throttle controls are different (VSP vs MCOR), but according to "how" new your batteries are that could be some of your problem. As they break in they get stronger and last longer, to the point you can literally feel the difference. If you are already between 30-50 charges, they should be broken in by now.

You also have an MCOR which could be hesitant with a worn potentiometer or the linkage could be worn or out of adjustment between it and the pedal.

You can test the MCOR signal like this: Run/Tow switch in Run; place the black (–) probe on packs main Negative post and the red
(+) probe on the yellow wire at the 3-pin connector near the MCOR (or at the harness if easier). The reading should be approximately ~0.32vdc to .5vdc with the pedal up. Slowly press the Go Pedal and the readings should increase until it reaches ~4.65vdc to 5vdc when the pedal is fully pressed. (Anything less than 4.60vdc and you are not reaching full throttle). If the reading is erratic or jumps all over the place it is a bad MCOR output signal.....
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 11:13 PM   #3
Fastest1
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

After testing some club cars and owning a PDS TXT. The PDS seems much quicker, especially off the line.
Everything else seems to catch up or even go faster but not out accelerate the PDS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Fastest1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 10:43 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastest1 View Post
After testing some club cars and owning a PDS TXT. The PDS seems much quicker, especially off the line.
Everything else seems to catch up or even go faster but not out accelerate the PDS.

Ezgo - particularly the PDS - the throttle ramp rate is faster. So much so that the stock 36v PDS cannot be run comfortably on 48v, without violent feeling pedal.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 07:03 AM   #5
bobwalter
Not Yet Wild

Thank you for the information everyone. Hope you all had a Merry Christmas.
bobwalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 07:55 PM   #6
Fastest1
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Ezgo - particularly the PDS - the throttle ramp rate is faster. So much so that the stock 36v PDS cannot be run comfortably on 48v, without violent feeling pedal.

It worked on 42v very well. About to run a PQ Barracuda on 56v lithium at 600 amps

Fastest1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car