lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-17-2017, 11:16 AM   #21
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Conversion Kit failed

We cannot see from your picture where these wires go. There is something wrong so can you show or tell us where these 3 wires go to?

Also what yr cart is this kit installed in now? Your cart may have Negative key switch power.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-17-2017, 12:10 PM   #22
BillDurden
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
We cannot see from your picture where these wires go. There is something wrong so can you show or tell us where these 3 wires go to?

Also what yr cart is this kit installed in now? Your cart may have Negative key switch power.
One small wire on + post of solenoid goes to your pot. Other small wire goes to controller KS1. Orange wire goes to controller at J1.

Year is 2000 DS. Been modified to a MORC4 from David Hicks ( a sponsor on here). Now trying to put your C54 kit on.
BillDurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 12:14 PM   #23
BillDurden
Getting Wild

Solenoid Will click but no power to controller.
Old 04-17-2017, 12:19 PM   #24
tag50
Gone Wild
Club Car

Per the CC wiring diagram, there should not be 2 red wires connected to that diode. Ringing out the small red wire that was requested in post #9 would have caught it. One of those small red wires belongs on the same large post as the large red cable.

tag50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 12:25 PM   #25
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The diagram on Alltrax site (SR Controller) does show 2 wires on the small post (diode positive connection side), just like described.

This may be obvious but I have to ask, make sure the big cable on the Solenoid does go to the pack positive battery post.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 12:33 PM   #26
tag50
Gone Wild
Club Car

I used This diagram for reference. Post #14

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...iagrams-2.html

tag50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 12:41 PM   #27
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillDurden View Post
One small wire on + post of solenoid goes to your pot. Other small wire goes to controller KS1. Orange wire goes to controller at J1.

Year is 2000 DS. Been modified to a MORC4 from David Hicks ( a sponsor on here). Now trying to put your C54 kit on.
I'm confused on this - You have a MCOR conversion or a throttle pot conversion on the cart. Please clarify this

Also the solenoid does not go to the key switch, that would leave the solenoid active all the time. Somehow you are way off.

Please clarify a little for us then post the diagram you are following exactly se we can help without muddying up the water more.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 12:43 PM   #28
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by tag50 View Post
I used This diagram for reference. Post #14

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...iagrams-2.html

That diagram also shows 2 wires on the diode positive connection side, Red and White/Black.

Altrax calls that pin on the Controller - KSI.
http://www.alltraxinc.com/files/DOC1...S-WIRE-DIA.pdf
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 02:14 PM   #29
BillDurden
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
I'm confused on this - You have a MCOR conversion or a throttle pot conversion on the cart. Please clarify this

Also the solenoid does not go to the key switch, that would leave the solenoid active all the time. Somehow you are way off.

Please clarify a little for us then post the diagram you are following exactly se we can help without muddying up the water more.
Scotty, As our phone conversation last week why my solenoid would click and no go. I told you a had a MCOR4 on the cart and you told me the controller was programed for 0--5K and would not work for your pot. So someone else told me to program the controller to 5--0K ( which we did not do).

We took off the MCOR4 and put your pot that came with kit on.

Now we took a used S80 solenoid that WAS working and replaced it with your solenoid. Now we get power out of the S80 but not to controller. No SAT light.
Old 04-17-2017, 02:15 PM   #30
BillDurden
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
The diagram on Alltrax site (SR Controller) does show 2 wires on the small post (diode positive connection side), just like described.

This may be obvious but I have to ask, make sure the big cable on the Solenoid does go to the pack positive battery post.
Yes it does.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car