lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-07-2018, 11:54 AM   #1
Tom cat
Not Yet Wild

Default Marathon rebuild question.

Ok y’all here goes, I’m in process of rebuilding a 244cc robins, I ordered the complete kit, I tapped the bearings onto the crank, and in the process of tapping the crankshaft assembly into the rear housing, it’s stopped moving with an 1/8” of bearing still stuck up, is this normal or will it seat flush?

Thanks for your time
Tom cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-07-2018, 10:18 PM   #2
jayp1017
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Marathon rebuild question.

Some people say press bearings onto crank some say press bearing into case halves. I found pressing them into the case halves is best. Use lots of 2 cycle and tap halves togeather or find some long bolts and draw togeather. I've done it both ways but always reverted back to the case method. If I were you id just take the bearing back off and press in case or heat case halves up till about 450 degree in oven or with torch and then drop the bearing in the case halves....you can put the bearings in the freezer overnight and pull them out just before you drop them in the hot case halves. OR SINCE YOU ALREADY HAVE THEM ON THE CRANK TAKE THEM TO A LOCAL DIRT BIKE SHOP OR WHOEVER HAS A PRESS AND HAVE THEM EITHER TAKE THE BEARINGS BACK OFF AND PRESS INTO CASE HALVES THEN PRESS HALES ONTO CRANK...I WOULDN'T SUGGEST HAVING THEM PRESS THE BEARING TO THE END OF THE CRANK..I ALWAYS WORRY ABOUT THAT BEARING RUBBING ON THE LOBE OF THE CRANK WHICH CAUSES PREMATURE BEARING FAILURE AND RUINS THE NEW CRANK. MY LOCAL DIRT BIKE SHOP CHARGED ME $6.00 TO HAVE THEM PRESSED INTO CASE AND CASE TO CRANK...TOOK A WHOLE 10 MINS IF THAT...HELL OF A LOT MORE TIME TO DO IT MYSELF. ALSO YOU MAY NEED SOME SHIMS FOR END PLAY WHICH THEY CAN MEASURE AND TELL YOU WHAT YOU NEED. YOU CAN CHECK OUT MY POSTS TO SEE WHAT SOME PEOPLE SAY ABOUT SHIMS...I USED THEM BUT THE DEBATE IS OUT THERE.
jayp1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 10:27 PM   #3
Tom cat
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Marathon rebuild question.

Thanks for the help! It’s up and running. All in all it’s been a fun learning experience
Tom cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO