lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-09-2011, 09:42 PM   #1
jmottr01
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default G1 Governor bypassed now what.....

Okay so I bypassed the governor and it def. fixed my running issues. Now the cart will actually run, in reverse even (which I didn't get before the mod.). But now does the G1 have a rev limiter? It tops out and seems to plane out and run really smooth (not complaining). Also, once it starts its moving it really has no idle or low speed. I have the throttle cable adjusted so that the carb is completely closed at zero throttle and I wired the exhaust flap completely open. The mod didn't affect this problem either way.

Thanks,
jmottr01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-10-2011, 05:47 AM   #2
chuddly
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: G1 Governor bypassed now what.....

no rev limiter on the G1 with the gov bypassed. You are responcible for your own self at that point.

as far as the no low speed cruise deal the only thing i can think of is an adjustment issue...fiddle with it some and see what you can come up with. Others may have a better suggestion though
chuddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 09:56 AM   #3
rivertime
Getting Wild

Yamaha

One thing I noticed with mine is that once you get her rolling you might as well back off the throttle some. Once the belt makes it's travel on the sheives it doesn't really go any faster. Holding it wide open as opposed to 3/4 throttle really doesn't net you much speed. Haven't actually gps'd it, but WOT probably doesn't increase speed by more than a mph or two over 3/4 throttle. No sense in beating on the thing unnecessarily.
rivertime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 11:14 AM   #4
jmottr01
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Agreed, I am actually going to put a pedal stop on it so I dont have to worry about *cough*my wife *cough* holdin it to the wood and killin my poor cart. LOL
jmottr01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha