lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Harley Davidson

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-08-2012, 12:12 AM   #1
tew45
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Default cylinder air shroud

Have any of you removed your air shroud? If so, Has the cooling improved or not. On an older cart I drilled 3/8 holes in the shroud opposite the air fan inlet and that seemed to help some when the temperature exceeded 100 degrees.
tew45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-08-2012, 12:37 AM   #2
JcXtreme72
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: cylinder air shroud

I had the shroud fall off my G2 last summer and boy did it suffer. My butt was roasting and it wouldn't run right. Thankfully my friend found the shroud out in the field and I was able to reinstall it with new bolts and it's been happy since... Well temp wise I did break an exhaust stud and the cart all in the same weekend so now I'm swapping motors.
JcXtreme72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 04:55 PM   #3
Supersquid
Getting Wild
Club Car

You need to keep the shroud on. It helps displace the heat correctly. I do like your idea of the hole on the back side. The better question is, what are you trying to fix by removing the shroud?
Supersquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 06:33 PM   #4
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

The shrouds direct the air from the flywheel thru the shrouds,to cool the cylinder.If the engine was out in the open with wind on it,removing them would be fine.Since they are under the cart,they have poor air-flow,so they need the covers to survive.Hope this helps.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:01 PM   #5
tew45
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

The reason the question wa asked in the first place was; The last cart I got did not have one on it. I had an extra that I did put on it. I just wanted an answer to the better question that was asked. Like I said before I drilled 3/8 holes in my personal carts shroud because I could see cooling air going in and around the cylinders but nowhere for it to leave efficiently. I was just trying to find out how many of you (if any) were running without it and what the results were!.
tew45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Harley Davidson