lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-15-2017, 05:43 PM   #11
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Charger not resetting to start new cycle

The two small 3/16" quick connect terminals are the relay coil, they connect to the incoming AC power wires. There is no polarity in AC, so You can connect the AC black and white wires to either 3/16" terminal.

The three larger 1/4" quick connect terminals are the relay contacts.

Relay COM Terminal: Connects to pack positive battery post.

Relay N.O. Terminal: Connect to charger positive wire.

Relay N.C. Terminal: Optional, move the green wire from the Solenoid big post to this terminal.

The optional connection will disable the cart (green wire is power to key switch) when the charger is plugged to AC power.
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/attac...car_ds_48v.jpg
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-15-2017, 06:37 PM   #12
jalipit
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
The two small 3/16" quick connect terminals are the relay coil, they connect to the incoming AC power wires. There is no polarity in AC, so You can connect the AC black and white wires to either 3/16" terminal.

The three larger 1/4" quick connect terminals are the relay contacts.

Relay COM Terminal: Connects to pack positive battery post.

Relay N.O. Terminal: Connect to charger positive wire.

Relay N.C. Terminal: Optional, move the green wire from the Solenoid big post to this terminal.

The optional connection will disable the cart (green wire is power to key switch) when the charger is plugged to AC power.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/attac...car_ds_48v.jpg

Awesome walk through, Thank you! I'm leaving town so I probably won't get to this until after the weekend. But I'll report back with results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jalipit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 06:59 PM   #13
jalipit
Not Yet Wild

Got word back from Lester and yes, apart from the physical conversion of cutting the receptacle and hardwiring, the charger would need to be either reprogrammed or use another solution to cycle the DC voltage. Funny, his suggestion was a toggle switch on the negative like I was planning on doing.

He offered to reprogram the charger for onboard use for free since he initially told me to cut off the receptacle and hardwire. But I see Sergio's option will be best since it also covers the disabling of the key switch during charging. Thanks for your help and I'll give a final update when the relay is in place!
Old 05-23-2017, 05:45 PM   #14
jalipit
Not Yet Wild

Got the relay installed and wired up. Everything works just as expected as an onboard charger. The key switch disables flawlessly as well. Thanks Sergio!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-22-2020, 01:52 PM   #15
Juju
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Sergio- I have the same issue and confirmed with Lester its factory set for Off board but installed on board with Anderson receptacle. I'm going to order the relay. My only question is on this part below: "Relay N.C. Terminal: Optional, move the green wire from the Solenoid big post to this terminal."

Are you saying to "remove" the existing green wire from Solenoid big post and wire it to the Ignition ..or is there a Green wire on the Charger after cutting the SB50 receptacle off and wiring that do the Relay (NC) then to then from relay (NC ) to the Ignition?

I 'm not seeing an existing green wire on the Solenoid just the Yellow on on the side of the SW200 that goes to the Potentiometer and a Black that looks like is going to the controller.

Please can PM if better
Juju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 11:39 AM   #16
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The line below the one that you referenced answered that question:
Quote:
The original thread was about a 2000 DS Series cart and it that model the key switch power comes from a green wire on the Solenoid big post.

That was optional to provide Controller lockout for a Series cart during charge.

If your Lester is hard-wired for off board instead of programmable like the Summit model, You need that 120vAC relay to disconnect the batteries from the charger when not charging.
Old 05-27-2020, 07:56 PM   #17
Juju
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I understand why I need it to not power the charger when ignition switched on but not sure how to wire in CC DS scenario no OBC. No Green wire on Solenoid.

The rest of the wiring makes sense.

Just not sure how or if need to wire the relay to the ignition.
Old 05-27-2020, 08:46 PM   #18
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The wire that goes to the Key Switch is totally optional and its purpose is to disable the cart when the charger is plugged into AC power.

Where does the +48v power to your key switch comes from?
Old 05-29-2020, 09:32 AM   #19
Juju
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
The wire that goes to the Key Switch is totally optional and its purpose is to disable the cart when the charger is plugged into AC power.

Where does the +48v power to your key switch comes from?
In regard the the question below it appears the solenoid and voltage reducer are wired to the ignition currently.

My Profile has cart details... its a Solid State 48V conversation CC /DS with no OBC with an On board Lester summit I high frequency charger that came with an off board profile that seems impossible/inconvenient to change and SB50 connector the connects to the pack mains +/-wired SB50 or Crows foot connector etc.

As per your instructions :
1>NO port Connects from Relay to the Charger POS + that is now Red wire part of the SB50 ?.

Meaning the Black wire now part of SB50 should be connected Direct to battery main NEG -?

2>COM Connects from Relay to the Battery POS + ?

3> The two smaller Quick Connect ports are for Incoming AC power per your notes...Incoming from where?

Where are these Black/White connections coming from? The Ignition,battery, the Charger power cord etc??? Where does the white wire and Black wire go to from the relay to what?

4> The NC is (optional) to keep power to power off the charger when ignition on.. and not sure where this connects to... It sounds like you are saying this NC port should be wired the ignition?

Sorry for the detail Electrical can be confusing to me .I just want to be clear so no issues. Thanks, John
Old 05-29-2020, 09:50 AM   #20
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The relay coil is connected to the same AC power that powers your onboard charger.

Most folks install an AC charging port on their cart like below:
https://www.amazon.com/NOCO-GCP1-16-...337804-6162855
Regardless of what You use, you need to connect the relay coil terminals to the same AC power wires that go to the charger so the relay is active anytime the charger is powered.

Don't worry about the N.C. terminal for now, You can always add that functionality later.

I will try another explanation to see if it makes more sense.

When the Relay is OFF, meaning no AC power is connected to the charger:
Relay COM is connected to N.C.

When the Relay is ON, meaning AC power is connected to the charger:
Relay COM is connected to N.O.

You put the pack positive on the COM terminal so when the relay is ON, the charger positive output is connected to the N.O. terminal goes to the battery.

If You move the Key Switch power wire from the pack positive to the N.C. relay terminal, the Key Switch only has power if the Relay is OFF (COM->N.C.)

That prevents the cart from being driven while plugged to AC power.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car