lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-18-2018, 08:05 AM   #21
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Cart shuts down randomly

"Controller - green light on when engaging the pedal. It goes off after 1/8 throttle and comes back on like 2/8 throttle."
This is an issue you should be troubleshooting. Can you verify if the controller LED is on when the cart won't run? If yes, what is the LED status or flash code?
If no - this could be a controller problem if power to J1 RED and no LED light.
Also check where the small solenoid negative wire goes. If it is going to J1 BLACK move it to B- and see if this fixes the issue.

Initially the complaint was an erratic throttle signal which is why we replaced the throttle. The PB6 has a micro switch which is the trigger switch for the solenoid activation and the controller J1 RED power. SO you may want to verify this switch is being fed and feeding 48v + properly when the cart won't go.

Concentrate on why the controller LED is going out. Connect a laptop and collect a file to see if the controller is throwing any FLAGs when the LED goes out and comes back on... You can send me a monitor of the controller going on /0ff/on with the pedal stroke to my email or just post it here.

I'll look for your reply later.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-24-2018, 08:14 PM   #22
wildandwonderfulprod
Gone Wild

Default Re: Cart shuts down randomly

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
"Controller - green light on when engaging the pedal. It goes off after 1/8 throttle and comes back on like 2/8 throttle."

This is an issue you should be troubleshooting. Can you verify if the controller LED is on when the cart won't run? If yes, what is the LED status or flash code?

If no - this could be a controller problem if power to J1 RED and no LED light.

Also check where the small solenoid negative wire goes. If it is going to J1 BLACK move it to B- and see if this fixes the issue.

Initially the complaint was an erratic throttle signal which is why we replaced the throttle. The PB6 has a micro switch which is the trigger switch for the solenoid activation and the controller J1 RED power. SO you may want to verify this switch is being fed and feeding 48v + properly when the cart won't go.

Concentrate on why the controller LED is going out. Connect a laptop and collect a file to see if the controller is throwing any FLAGs when the LED goes out and comes back on... You can send me a monitor of the controller going on /0ff/on with the pedal stroke to my email or just post it here.

I'll look for your reply later.

Will do! I don’t own a pc though, only a mac. Is there a Mac software I can use?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
wildandwonderfulprod is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car