lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-29-2018, 08:50 AM   #11
rfurnell93
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: No Reverse on a 36 V Club Car Controller Cart

Also, my black and white wires on the controller pins are on opposite pins than shown in the drawing you attached. I had to replace the controller but put them back on the same pins as they were removed from (I took pics). I assume that since the throttle input seems to be fine in forward, they must be ok, correct?
rfurnell93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-29-2018, 08:52 AM   #12
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Please verify the FNR swivel posts do connect to Motor posts S1 and S2, just follow the cables from FNR to the motor.

My best guess is they do not and that is why the FNR only works in one position.

The resistor will help getting the slow speed back while in reverse but it is not related to this problem.

The black and the white 18ga wires on Controller terminals #2 and #3 can go in any position.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 09:08 AM   #13
rfurnell93
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
Please verify the FNR swivel posts do connect to Motor posts S1 and S2, just follow the cables from FNR to the motor.

My best guess is they do not and that is why the FNR only works in one position.

The resistor will help getting the slow speed back while in reverse but it is not related to this problem.

The black and the white 18ga wires on Controller terminals #2 and #3 can go in any position.
Yes, the S1 and S2 Wires cables on the motor go to the back of the F/R switch. I had already followed them and verified this prior to swapping them. I also did a resistance check on them to make sure that they were passing current. But, shouldn't I be able to swap the S1 and S2 Wires at the motor and have Reverse and not forward? All scenarios I have tried still allow the cart to run in forward only.
Old 11-29-2018, 09:39 AM   #14
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Swapping S1 and S2 will change directions as long as all the other cables are on the correct location.

Check the Controller A2 goes to both the Motor A2 and one of the stationary terminals on the FNR switch.

The Other Stationary terminal on the FNR should go to Controller M-.

The Controller B+ should be connected to both the Solenoid and Motor A1.
Old 11-29-2018, 10:18 PM   #15
Roxyflash
Gone Wild
Club Car

On the side of f/r switch theres the two lugs swap the cables there and try it
Roxyflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 11:09 PM   #16
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfurnell93 View Post
Also, my black and white wires on the controller pins are on opposite pins than shown in the drawing you attached. I had to replace the controller but put them back on the same pins as they were removed from (I took pics). I assume that since the throttle input seems to be fine in forward, they must be ok, correct?
What Controller is there now?
Old 11-30-2018, 09:00 AM   #17
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

As a quick check, put the FNR in Neutral and make sure You have continuity between the 2 cables connected to the swivel posts.

That will ensure that the motor posts correspond to the markings on the outside in case it has been reworked.

A picture of the back of the FNR showing the wires connected to the micro-switches would help as well.
Old 11-30-2018, 03:41 PM   #18
rfurnell93
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
What Controller is there now?
FSIP Rebuilt the factory controller. It is the one with the extra terminal for the plug brake.
Old 11-30-2018, 03:47 PM   #19
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfurnell93 View Post
FSIP Rebuilt the factory controller. It is the one with the extra terminal for the plug brake.
That should be just like the OEM shown in the schematic and wired as I have described.

Do the continuity test on the FNR swivel posts when the FNR is in Neutral to make sure those cable do indeed go to the correct winding inside the motor.
Old 12-02-2018, 04:15 PM   #20
Prepman007
Not Yet Wild

Did you get it working.would be great to know.
Prepman007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car