lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-14-2018, 09:48 AM   #1
n2carts
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default I am finally done (for now) building my cart

I am finally done (for now) with my cart. I know people say that but end up spending more money and finding more things that needs to be modified but there’s not much else I need to do. I still plan to create an independent front suspension at some point but still in the planning phase.

I live in a golf course community and use it for golf several times a week as well as traveling around the neighborhood. With the current set up I can easily keep it at or above the 25 MPH speed limit on all the small hills and normally top out at 35ish MPH on level ground. Since I’ve worked on or built the few other golf carts with any speed in the neighborhood, I can say that I am the fastest with a top speed of 40 MPH on a bit of a hill. That was with the old batteries and wheels so we’ll see if that improves.

This is my 4th cart that I’ve owned and modified in the past 6+ years. Although I modified them all, this is the most modified and one that I plan to keep for a while. Below is a list of things done to the cart in the last year since I got it. Keep in mind I use this cart all year round (currently 35 degrees) and with the enclosure and heater there’s no reason not to.

2014 Club Car Precedent
Plum Quick Executioner motor
Alltrax XCT400 controller
Heavy Duty SW180 200 amp solenoid
2 AWG Battery Cables
Kentucky/Louisville House Divided wrap
12” SS wheels
Custom Coat Bed liner painted roof
Sunbrella Enclosure w/bag cover
Ultimate LED light kit
Side mirrors
Black Suite Seats
Custom Steering Wheel
Stereo with Alpine amplifier and 6.5” speakers
Custom made lower fascia
2018 US 8VGC XC2 US Batteries
30 Amp Voltage reducer
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Before.jpg (84.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Cart complete.jpg (92.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Dash Facia.jpg (95.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: png House divided.png (1.40 MB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Speakers.jpg (85.4 KB, 0 views)
n2carts is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-14-2018, 10:09 AM   #2
Anopsis
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: I am finally done (for now) building my cart

It looks great, except for that red half!

I live in the same type of household - me, my son and stepdaughter are card-carrying members of BBN. My wife and stepson, on the other hand, like that silly red bird.

My wife is a teacher @ North Hardin Middle!
Anopsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 10:49 AM   #3
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Looks really really nice! Just be careful of those RPM's as unless you have put HS gears in that cart, you may be pushing it way over the limit... (As you can see in my siggy, I have a similar set up, but am much lighter with a Lithium pack and higher voltage (58v) and only run 38mph with 22" tall tires.)
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 11:40 AM   #4
n2carts
Getting Wild

Club Car

Thanks, I'm actually a Florida transplant by way of the military but have been here 8 years and the rivalry is strong here. We come to Bowling Green every year for golf, Crosswinds is a really nice course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anopsis View Post
It looks great, except for that red half!

I live in the same type of household - me, my son and stepdaughter are card-carrying members of BBN. My wife and stepson, on the other hand, like that silly red bird.

My wife is a teacher @ North Hardin Middle!
Old 11-14-2018, 11:44 AM   #5
n2carts
Getting Wild

Club Car

Thanks for the advice. I don't do the big hills often and have no need to do it except to play around but 35 MPH is safe I hope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
Looks really really nice! Just be careful of those RPM's as unless you have put HS gears in that cart, you may be pushing it way over the limit... (As you can see in my siggy, I have a similar set up, but am much lighter with a Lithium pack and higher voltage (58v) and only run 38mph with 22" tall tires.)
Old 11-14-2018, 11:45 AM   #6
Anopsis
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2carts View Post
Thanks, I'm actually a Florida transplant by way of the military but have been here 8 years and the rivalry is strong here. We come to Bowling Green every year for golf, Crosswinds is a really nice course.
I'm from here, but I've lived in Etown twice - most recently 2013 - and brought my wife back with me.

How is the bedliner holding up on the roof? I've been thinking about doing that as well. What kind of prep did you do?
Old 11-14-2018, 12:58 PM   #7
n2carts
Getting Wild

Club Car

Paint is holding up good. I've scraped on a few branches (and a tree) and all it did was rubbed the bark off the tree and a few scratches, no chipping. I think I prepped the surface enough but I'm still carful with it.

Quote:
I'm from here, but I've lived in Etown twice - most recently 2013 - and brought my wife back with me.

How is the bedliner holding up on the roof? I've been thinking about doing that as well. What kind of prep did you do?
Old 11-14-2018, 01:15 PM   #8
Anopsis
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Great, one more question - can you detail your prep and paint process? I haven't been able to find any definite answer on surface prep for the roof.
Old 11-14-2018, 03:35 PM   #9
n2carts
Getting Wild

Club Car

Not much more than sanding down with 220 grit sandpaper and then sprayed adhesion promoter just prior to painting. Pay particular attention to the edges and corners as they are more susceptible to chipping.

Be careful with temperature as well. If it's too cold it seems the paint does not like to stick. Had a small spot that got pulled off unmasking.

Quote:
Great, one more question - can you detail your prep and paint process? I haven't been able to find any definite answer on surface prep for the roof.
Old 11-14-2018, 06:04 PM   #10
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Love the carts!!! But your done? Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha.....Oh...did I say that out loud?
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car