lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-13-2018, 11:27 AM   #1
hammrhed71
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2012 Precedent. - hammrhed71

David...what about a 2012 Precedent? Do I need the conversion or just the MCOR4?

PS - On your site now...I can tell we're gonna be buddies real soon! lol Nicely done!
hammrhed71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-14-2018, 09:05 AM   #2
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: MCOR / Pedal Assembly Confusion Explained

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammrhed71 View Post
David...what about a 2012 Precedent? Do I need the conversion or just the MCOR4?

PS - On your site now...I can tell we're gonna be buddies real soon! lol Nicely done!
You need part number AM293001, MCOR4 conversion kit.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 11:47 AM   #3
hammrhed71
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Awesome...what's the difference in ordering off ebay from you or off your site? Shipping?

I've got the 48500 alltrax controller, do I need both the diode and the resistor for the 400A solenoid? the instructions say no...but I've seen some people say it's necessary. If so, what part do I need to order for that?

I built my own 1GA wires they look great...but I hooked up the Deluxe LED light kit, but the horn and the front light(s) don't work (the blinkers, tailights and hazzards to though). The horn sounds like a half dead goose and the LED front lights about half the LEDs super dim...any thoughts?

Oh...and I put brand new trojan batteries in it, charged it over the weekend and the smell and heat from the batteries was so bad I unplugged it. Good thing I didn't leave for vacation, it would have likely burned my house down...what the heck did I do wrong?

Sorry for all the babble...loving my first project cart. Matte Black body, black seats, black top, matte black wheels and timberwolf 22's on her. Looks sweet, but you guys have some sick ideas...def going to be bending your ear a bit.

thanks in advance Dave...
Old 11-14-2018, 02:31 PM   #4
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Awesome...what's the difference in ordering off ebay from you or off your site? Shipping?

I've got the 48500 alltrax controller, do I need both the diode and the resistor for the 400A solenoid? the instructions say no...but I've seen some people say it's necessary. If so, what part do I need to order for that?
I'll leave the rest of your questions for David to answer. This sticky thread will answer your question to the diodes.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...th-diodes.html
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 04:20 PM   #5
hammrhed71
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thank you!!
Old 11-15-2018, 09:24 AM   #6
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:

eBay charges sellers a fee to sell their items on their site. Prices are higher on eBay than they are on my site. If you find a listing where this isn't the case, please let me know. Sometimes it's hard to keep up with the changing of prices with Club Car.6

Just the diode. The resistor is not necessary

I built my own 1GA wires they look great...but I hooked up the Deluxe LED light kit, but the horn and the front light(s) don't work (the blinkers, tailights and hazzards to though). The horn sounds like a half dead goose and the LED front lights about half the LEDs super dim...any thoughts?

This sounds like a low voltage issue. You can send me pictures of where you connected your light harness to your battery pack and we'll go from there.

Oh...and I put brand new trojan batteries in it, charged it over the weekend and the smell and heat from the batteries was so bad I unplugged it. Good thing I didn't leave for vacation, it would have likely burned my house down...what the heck did I do wrong?

Again, send me some photos of your battery pack so I can confirm the wiring is correct. New batteries tend to smell terrible for a few charge cycles until they break-in. I've never experienced an issue with extreme heat though. That doesn't sound right.

Sorry for all the babble...loving my first project cart. Matte Black body, black seats, black top, matte black wheels and timberwolf 22's on her. Looks sweet, but you guys have some sick ideas...def going to be bending your ear a bit.

thanks in advance Dave...
All questions have been answered above in RED text.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 11:23 AM   #7
hammrhed71
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Awesome feedback, I'll be in touch...thank you!!
Old 11-15-2018, 11:57 AM   #8
hammrhed71
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

eBay charges sellers a fee to sell their items on their site. Prices are higher on eBay than they are on my site. If you find a listing where this isn't the case, please let me know. Sometimes it's hard to keep up with the changing of prices with Club Car. Will do

Just the diode. The resistor is not necessary There are so many different threads and opinions on this, the newly downloadable schematic from alltrax shows both...doesn't it? I know the one that came with the solenoid is on it (large posts, line toward pos feed)

This sounds like a low voltage issue. You can send me pictures of where you connected your light harness to your battery pack and we'll go from there. I'll have photos possibly tonight

Again, send me some photos of your battery pack so I can confirm the wiring is correct. New batteries tend to smell terrible for a few charge cycles until they break-in. I've never experienced an issue with extreme heat though. That doesn't sound right. Yea, it smelled like acid and after a full day, the metal charger I have was still running (fan blowing)

Replies in Blue...thanks again.
Old 11-15-2018, 03:21 PM   #9
hammrhed71
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
Hopefully an admin can move these posts out of the sticky into its own thread for You as the questions don't really belong here... (Sorry...I'm a noob, my bad)

Did You run the 1GA pack negative cable through the OBC using a stud? 1GA would fit thru the hole so I drilled out a hole next to it. Yes, both ends have lugs. (should I have used a stud?)

If You have 2 cables from pack negative to Controller B- You will overcharge the batteries. I'll be sure to check that out...I don't think I do though.

Thanks for all the help!
Old 11-15-2018, 03:31 PM   #10
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

You can only have one cable from the pack negative to the Controller B- and that cable has to pass through the OBC.

I hope You drilled that hole somewhere other than the OBC itself

There is an electronic component called a Hall Effect Sensor around that hole inside the OBC that measures the current on the cable as it passes through it.

If You drilled that hole at all, the OBC is damaged and it can no longer charge your cart.

If You drilled a hole elsewhere in the cart, You can still make a 5/16" brass stud to go through the OBC and use a piece of cable in each side of the OBC.

Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car