lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-01-2018, 07:28 PM   #1
BigOL3
Gone Wild

Default My first ...... new2me .... '01 CC Lynx

I am looking for various info on numerous question I have on this '01 CC Lynx, in no particular order of importance.

1. When the CC charger plugs into car, it will bounce right to left a couple of times, then stay pegged out, past 20. Is that bouncing past 20 normal/OK? I was told when the batteries are full, it drops down to zero, hope to see soon. After an hour, it is sitting on 18amps.

2. Noticed there is some corrosion/oxidation on aluminum esp under batteries. Are the aluminum battery trays suppose to be just 'open frame', or should there be some type of floor, like wood?

3. Is there a way to 'kill' the oxidation on aluminum?

4. It does have the FNR lever which I understand is a good thing for a hunting car, although I don't have the knowledge to know WHY it is better. I assume the internal parts or more HD than the alternative. Is there a way to check to see if it is the optimum setup for off road? I has 4 cables attached and about half dozen smaller wires.

5. I was told it has a 11hp torque motor and 600 amp controller. I see there is a label on the top of the motor but in a position I can not make out much info. If I am able to clean it up and see it, should I be able to verify the TRUE strength of the motor? From underneath, I can see the blue Alltrax controller, but not able to see any ID marks.

6. Was told it has 4ga cable, is going to larger cable a cost efficient benefit? I was thinking of replacing with some old welding cable if it was really helpful. If so, should the size be increased also on the FNR?

7. Not sure about the solenoid, MoF I am not sure what/where it is. Is there a method to tell if it is 200 or 400?

8. There is some type of 'guard' around the rearend housing that appears oily. Are they known to be a problem with leaking? Use regular 90W?

9. The rear axle has a Kawasaki label on the axle and thought that strange. I thought it was all American?

I did not have any REAL hills to try it out on, but did find a couple of pretty good inclines that were 20-25 ft long that it handle very easily, even by stopping on hill and barely accelerating.

I have some pics to post, if I can find out how it is done.
BigOL3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-01-2018, 07:37 PM   #2
BigOL3
Gone Wild

Default Re: My first ...... new2me .... '01 CC Lynx

Pics

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Old 12-02-2018, 02:50 PM   #3
BigOL3
Gone Wild

10. Should it charge so hard/fast as to be able to hear the water bubbling but not overcook the batteries?
Old 12-02-2018, 04:53 PM   #4
BigOL3
Gone Wild

Default My first ...... new2me .... '01 CC Lynx

11. IF I was checking correctly while the batteries were still charging at 16 amp, each battery showed between 6.1 and 6.8 volts with pack total of 55+ volts. Does that sounds to be withing limits of being reasonable and still fairly good batteries?
Old 12-02-2018, 08:12 PM   #5
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOL3 View Post
11. IF I was checking correctly while the batteries were still charging at 16 amp, each battery showed between 6.1 and 6.8 volts with pack total of 55+ volts. Does that sounds to be withing limits of being reasonable and still fairly good batteries?
Do you have 8x6's...?
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 08:16 PM   #6
BigOL3
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
Do you have 8x6's...?
No, I have 6x 8 volts. Charger ran 5+ hrs yesterday and 6+ hrs today and is sitting on 18 volts! That seems awful long/high, even to a greenhorn like me
Old 12-02-2018, 08:20 PM   #7
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
I am looking for various info on numerous question I have on this '01 CC Lynx, in no particular order of importance.

1. When the CC charger plugs into car, it will bounce right to left a couple of times, then stay pegged out, past 20. Is that bouncing past 20 normal/OK? I was told when the batteries are full, it drops down to zero, hope to see soon. After an hour, it is sitting on 18amps. Normal

2. Noticed there is some corrosion/oxidation on aluminum esp under batteries. Are the aluminum battery trays suppose to be just 'open frame', or should there be some type of floor, like wood? Open

3. Is there a way to 'kill' the oxidation on aluminum? Baking Soda and water

4. It does have the FNR lever which I understand is a good thing for a hunting car, although I don't have the knowledge to know WHY it is better because it is a series cart and will work better (more efficient) in low/slow applications then and Sepex will. I assume the internal parts or more HD than the alternative. Is there a way to check to see if it is the optimum setup for off road? I has 4 cables attached and about half dozen smaller wires. That is NOT good for 600a - You need 2 gauge cables

5. I was told it has a 11hp torque motor and 600 amp controller. I see there is a label on the top of the motor but in a position I can not make out much info. If I am able to clean it up and see it, should I be able to verify the TRUE strength of the motor? From underneath, I can see the blue Alltrax controller, but not able to see any ID marks.

6. Was told it has 4ga cable, is going to larger cable a cost efficient benefit? I was thinking of replacing with some old welding cable if it was really helpful. If so, should the size be increased also on the FNR? At 600a it should have had 2g cables, so you will need to. Hopefully it has a HD FNR, if not, you will need to get one.

7. Not sure about the solenoid, MoF I am not sure what/where it is. Is there a method to tell if it is 200 or 400? It should be on the passengers side and is accessed from the inspection panel behind the seat. You can also see it from the behind the batteries. Nomenclature will tell you what it is.

8. There is some type of 'guard' around the rearend housing that appears oily. Are they known to be a problem with leaking? Use regular 90W? 75w/90 or 80w/90

9. The rear axle has a Kawasaki label on the axle and thought that strange. I thought it was all American? That is a good axle, they are all Graziano 3 piece now. (And CC is an American company, but many parts are from overseas or South of the Border.

I did not have any REAL hills to try it out on, but did find a couple of pretty good inclines that were 20-25 ft long that it handle very easily, even by stopping on hill and barely accelerating.

I have some pics to post, if I can find out how it is done.
Roll on...
Old 12-02-2018, 08:22 PM   #8
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
No, I have 6x 8 volts. Charger ran 5+ hrs yesterday and 6+ hrs today and is sitting on 18 volts! That seems awful long/high, even to a greenhorn like me
If you are only getting 6.x volts per battery as you posted, you are in trouble.... Did you mean 8.x volts??

And the charger must be allowed to run until it cuts off. That is how it is designed to work. It will time out at 16 hours....
Old 12-02-2018, 08:47 PM   #9
BigOL3
Gone Wild

NR4E, thanks for the reply and info ....... very helpful because I am fairly ignorant about these cars ..... lol.

When I check the batteries, the charger was still putting out 16=18 amps and the batteries were all reading 6+. I ASSumed the would not be at 8 until charge, but hindsite .... yeah they should read 8 volts regardless even when half charged. But when I checked the pack it was 55+. so I am scratching my head.
Old 12-02-2018, 08:48 PM   #10
BigOL3
Gone Wild

How do I tell if the FNR is top notch HD or simply average? The switch has 4 separate cables attached, I do not know what GAUGE they are.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car