lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-15-2018, 10:57 AM   #1
Spoolx
Gone Wild

Default Club Car DS steering rack is loose

I read online that you can tighten the rack. I found the huge nut but I’m afraid I’ll slip with a big adjustable.. anyone know the size of that nut or should I just replace the rack and tie rod end?
Spoolx is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-15-2018, 11:09 AM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: Club Car DS steering rack is loose

I haven’t yet had one so bad it needed to be replaced. A few I’ve removed and cleaned most of the dirt/old dried up grease out of and gave a good coating of new grease. New tie rod end as they feel good as new.
I have had a few that the bolt on the u-joint worked loose and caused some loose/jerky feeling. But usually play in the steering is tie rod ends, or worn/loose control arm bushings or worn king pin bushings.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 11:44 AM   #3
Spoolx
Gone Wild

Yea I just got the nut loose using a big pipe wrench and an inverted bolt to act like an Allen key and it’s way tighter now.. it does need a tie rod end tho
Spoolx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 12:41 PM   #4
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoolx View Post
Yea I just got the nut loose using a big pipe wrench and an inverted bolt to act like an Allen key and it’s way tighter now.. it does need a tie rod end tho
There you go. That's the way we learn things.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car