lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-08-2019, 08:46 PM   #61
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Aftermarket Motor Advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaLuke View Post
I didn’t have the turbo box checked, I reprogrammed today and got 29 which is plenty fast for my needs. It’s gets to 29 quickly.
I was going to suggest that but you had already posted it was on....

Was that speed on a level road?

Is your RPM limit still 6,000rpm?
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-09-2019, 11:22 AM   #62
mikemskater
Not Yet Wild

If it hasn’t been mentioned already, check with Plum Quick out of South Carolina.
mikemskater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 02:52 PM   #63
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemskater View Post
If it hasn’t been mentioned already, check with Plum Quick out of South Carolina.
Yep they have a lot of great custom motors, but their Sepex motors are not compatible with Regenerative brake, and for me that is a non-starter.
Old 01-09-2019, 03:00 PM   #64
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemskater View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
Yep they have a lot of great custom motors, but their Sepex motors are not compatible with Regenerative brake, and for me that is a non-starter.
Yes, I have some PQ's, and the Executioner I use at hime has almost all the Regen removed (per Robby at PQ) so I do very much miss that, but do like the power and speed I have - so an unfortunate trade-off.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 06:21 PM   #65
AquaLuke
Getting Wild

Quote:
I was going to suggest that but you had already posted it was on....

Was that speed on a level road?

Is your RPM limit still 6,000rpm?
Yes, level ground, it wasn’t exactly straight and I did have a headwind the last run. I think it will reach thirty on straight, level ground if I have the windshield down, keep my mouth closed and have a fresh haircut.

Yes, limit is set to 6000 but it will not reach 6000. Both runs I have speedo on gps, and Alltrax toolkit active in the monitor tab. I’m obtaining less than 5k. I believe this is a long stack motor (almost 11” and 62lbs) so its windings are relatively large in comparison to the stock motor. I’m not an engineer but I would guess that the larger spinning mass would equate to fewer rpms.
AquaLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 06:26 PM   #66
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Yes that is correct - Speed and torque are in trade when it comes to motor design.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 06:53 PM   #67
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaLuke View Post
Yes, level ground, it wasn’t exactly straight and I did have a headwind the last run. I think it will reach thirty on straight, level ground if I have the windshield down, keep my mouth closed and have a fresh haircut.

Yes, limit is set to 6000 but it will not reach 6000. Both runs I have speedo on gps, and Alltrax toolkit active in the monitor tab. I’m obtaining less than 5k. I believe this is a long stack motor (almost 11” and 62lbs) so its windings are relatively large in comparison to the stock motor. I’m not an engineer but I would guess that the larger spinning mass would equate to fewer rpms.
You need to be going at least 5,200rpm with 23" tires to get 29mph, maybe your tires are taller or the cart was not quite that fast.

It would be great for you to post one of those 0-20mph graphs on the Motor test thread.

The speed runs expose a lot more of the torque vs rpm of those motors.
Old 01-09-2019, 07:32 PM   #68
AquaLuke
Getting Wild

Quote:
You need to be going at least 5,200rpm with 23" tires to get 29mph, maybe your tires are taller or the cart was not quite that fast.

It would be great for you to post one of those 0-20mph graphs on the Motor test thread.

The speed runs expose a lot more of the torque vs rpm of those motors.
The speedo was a free app on my phone, it’s probably not very accurate. I will search for the thread and try to post soon.
AquaLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car