lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-17-2019, 08:59 AM   #1
fishbones
Getting Wild

Default New Alltrax SR48500 potential fan issue

Just installed the SR48500 kit and had a little issues with it auto sensing the wrong throttle type, got that fixed but noticed I had yet to hear the fan run on the controller. I cant find any documentation that states if the fan is thermostatically controlled and only comes on at certain temperatures.

From the Alltrax software there is an option to manually activate the fan, when I do it says it cant find the fan?
fishbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-17-2019, 09:03 AM   #2
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: New Alltrax SR48500 potential fan issue

There is no "auto sensing" for throttle type, you need to manually set it and save it to the controller if it did not come pre-set from the dealer.

The fan can come on based on temperature or high current.

What throttle do you have (0-5kΩ or MCOR)?
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 09:46 AM   #3
fishbones
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
There is no "auto sensing" for throttle type, you need to manually set it and save it to the controller if it did not come pre-set from the dealer.

The fan can come on based on temperature or high current.

What throttle do you have (0-5kΩ or MCOR)?

It was set to "Club Car" and according to the LED lights, 7 blinks it was set for the 0-5k 3 wire, mines 0-5k 2 wire, save and set to controller, it now blinks 1 green for proper throttle type and it worked fine.

Have you ever tried to test your fan from the took kit software, if so did it error out like mine did saying it cant find a fan?

Thanks for help.
Old 01-17-2019, 09:56 AM   #4
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

This should not happen. Call Alltrax Technical support and speak with Ron or Will and see if they can figure out what to do to get your fan working. 541-476-3565. If they're unable to come up with a solution, call whoever you bought your controller from and have them submit a warranty claim. If you ordered a controller with a fan, the fan needs to work.

As for your throttle type. What year is your vehicle? I can help you with that. Just because it's "working" doesn't necessarily mean it's set to the correct throttle type.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 10:04 AM   #5
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

You need to clear auto-calibration (in the top Controller tool bar) anytime you change throttle types.

In the XCT controller the key switch needs to be ON for the fan test to work.

Since the SR does not power until the key switch is ON and the pedal pressed, I am not sure if you can test it that way, like Dave said, Alltrax will know for sure.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 10:10 AM   #6
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Sergio brings up a good point. With the SR controller, the controller is essentially "off" until you depress the accelerator pedal and provide power to the Red KSI terminal on the controller. If you'd like to "bench test" the fan, provide 48V + to the red KSI terminal and the controller will power up. You can then try your fan test procedure.
Old 01-17-2019, 10:26 AM   #7
fishbones
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
This should not happen. Call Alltrax Technical support and speak with Ron or Will and see if they can figure out what to do to get your fan working. 541-476-3565. If they're unable to come up with a solution, call whoever you bought your controller from and have them submit a warranty claim. If you ordered a controller with a fan, the fan needs to work.

As for your throttle type. What year is your vehicle? I can help you with that. Just because it's "working" doesn't necessarily mean it's set to the correct throttle type.
thanks, got kit from ScottyB who has been great to work with but I felt bad for bugging him all the time so I posted this question :)

94 DS solid state, looking for a work / utility / hunting rig so I set a high torque curve custom on the motor. I set it to 0-5K 2 wire, it was at the 0-5k 3 wire before and would not work, just flashed 3 greens and 1 red for incorrect throttle type.
Old 01-17-2019, 10:27 AM   #8
fishbones
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
You need to clear auto-calibration (in the top Controller tool bar) anytime you change throttle types.

In the XCT controller the key switch needs to be ON for the fan test to work.

Since the SR does not power until the key switch is ON and the pedal pressed, I am not sure if you can test it that way, like Dave said, Alltrax will know for sure.
Hmm, thanks, power was not on because manual said the USB cable powered it up but probably just enough to program it.
Old 01-17-2019, 10:30 AM   #9
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbones View Post
Hmm, thanks, power was not on because manual said the USB cable powered it up but probably just enough to program it.
Correct. 0-5K 2-wire is the correct throttle for a 1994 DS Solid State.
Old 01-17-2019, 11:32 AM   #10
fishbones
Getting Wild

Thanks for the help guys, spoke with Ron over at AllTrax and he checked and you do have to have KEY power on in order for the tool kit software to test the fan so I will give it a whirl tonight.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car