lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-17-2019, 06:39 PM   #11
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Finished Wiring but will not work (with video)

Those pictures are better than the video, I thought you just had the wires inserted into the female plug.

That looks good, just pull on the wires to make sure they are "locked" inside the connector.

You also need to add a 10 amp inline fuse on the Red/White wire connected to the Solenoid big post.

The way it is now You will have a big problem in case of an accidental short since there is no fuse to protect the wires from catching fire.

One thing in particular I just remembered about the XCT RegenII implementation is that the Key Switch does not power up the Controller.

You need to press the pedal before the Controller will blink any codes or get powered up.

If you are planning in using the reverse buzzer, You will notice it only makes sound when the pedal is pressed, which is too late for me.

The way to fix that is to run the Yellow wire from the OBC 6-pin connector directly to the cold side of the key switch (where the blue wire is connected).

That way the Controller activates with the key switch.

Have you tried pressing the accelerator pedal with the FNR in reverse to check if the reverse buzzer comes ON?
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-17-2019, 06:47 PM   #12
NLaudy
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
Yes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I loaded it up. Took me a while to find the cable. To be honest I have never messed with this so not sure what I should be looking for. While in the program the green LED on the controller flashes 7 times then repeats.

NLaudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 06:50 PM   #13
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLaudy View Post
I loaded it up. Took me a while to find the cable. To be honest I have never messed with this so not sure what I should be looking for. While in the program the green LED on the controller flashes 7 times then repeats.

Try and run the car and pay close attention to the error flags and see if any of them illuminate.

TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 07:33 PM   #14
NLaudy
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Try and run the car and pay close attention to the error flags and see if any of them illuminate.

So I tried running the cart and nothing happens. No error messages or anything. The only two things that change are when I switch it from Tow mode to Run mode my voltage goes from 0 to 49.1. Then when I switch it from Reverse to Forward and vice versa it shows it as in the screenshots. When I hit the gas pedal I get no sounds or any changes in the software.

Old 01-17-2019, 07:46 PM   #15
NLaudy
Not Yet Wild

So I literally want to punch a wall...

I am even more frustrated now lol. So I just went out there after taking a 10 minute break and I turned the key on and turned the tow switch to Run. Hit the gas pedal and boom... everything works! Put it in reverse, hit the pedal, and the buzzer goes off and the tires spin. #wtf Lol

Old 01-17-2019, 07:51 PM   #16
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
So I literally want to punch a wall...

I am even more frustrated now lol. So I just went out there after taking a 10 minute break and I turned the key on and turned the tow switch to Run. Hit the gas pedal and boom... everything works! Put it in reverse, hit the pedal, and the buzzer goes off and the tires spin. #wtf Lol

Glad we could help. Lol. You’ve got a loose connection somewhere.

Old 01-17-2019, 07:59 PM   #17
NLaudy
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Glad we could help. Lol. You’ve got a loose connection somewhere.

I agree. I think it is in the connector that plugs into the controller. I took most of that connector apart earlier to make sure all the connections were tight and I think that might have helped some. Where is the best place to get another wire harness and replace this one? Feel like outside of the wire harness and Potentiometer we have replaced everything.

Old 01-17-2019, 08:09 PM   #18
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

If the key switch has power, the issue is in the pedal micro-switch or the Green/White wire (pin #3) in the Controller.

If the pedal was pressed in the video when the solenoid clicked as you moved the OBC connector, the issue is most likely the Green/White wire in the Controller connector since that is what activates the Controller.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 08:26 PM   #19
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
I agree. I think it is in the connector that plugs into the controller. I took most of that connector apart earlier to make sure all the connections were tight and I think that might have helped some. Where is the best place to get another wire harness and replace this one? Feel like outside of the wire harness and Potentiometer we have replaced everything.

They don’t make that wire harness anymore. But you can buy a new controller connector and pins if you need to re-pin it.

Old 01-17-2019, 08:31 PM   #20
NLaudy
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
If the key switch has power, the issue is in the pedal micro-switch or the Green/White wire (pin #3) in the Controller.

If the pedal was pressed in the video when the solenoid clicked as you moved the OBC connector, the issue is most likely the Green/White wire in the Controller connector since that is what activates the Controller.

Thanks Sergio! In the video where you heard the Solenoid click the pedal wasn’t pressed or anything. It was just me moving the wires around. It would do that whether the key switch was on or off long as the tow switch was set to Run.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car