lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-23-2019, 12:41 PM   #1
Firesapple
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default HELP with a 80" VIP Extended Roof with Skylight

Hey guys.... I'm doing a complete FRAME OFF restoration on a 2016 JE Club Car Precedent 48v (I will post pictures once completed). I purchased an 80" extended roof with a skylight from VIP (Virginia Industrial Plastic) but it did not come with any hardware or install instructions. The website only has a YouTube video from years ago but its a little basic and leave lots of questions unanswered.

So my question is has anyone seen or has installed one of these roofs on their carts? They are "universal" fit which means you have to drill your own holes according to you golf car and/or struts, etc.... I KNOW for a fact that I will end of using some sort of "spacers" as mentioned in the video but it they do not came with it and the company is NOT too knowledgable on the installation (the guy on the video does not work there anymore).

Thank you in advance for any help and/or tips on the installation.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg VIP extended roof.jpg (23.3 KB, 0 views)
Firesapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-23-2019, 07:57 PM   #2
yensidcamper
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: HELP with a 80" VIP Extended Roof with Skylight

That is a neat looking top! I will be following your build. I hope you get your answer.
yensidcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 09:07 AM   #3
jethaulin
never finished

Club Car

i really like that top. how sturdy is the top. could you really put a cooler on top? in the video it showed a precedent install and the said the size of the spacers. it looks like a great product but, it is a one size fits all kind of thing. it loked like in the video that you install it however you want. i agree that there sould be some amount of instruction a to hole layout for the most common golf cart types. seems like they should have done just a little bit more r&d.
jethaulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 12:12 PM   #4
Firesapple
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I ended up reselling this roof. It was too complicated to install and at the end of the day it would have not fit through my garage even with a 3 inch lift kit. Looks nice but they can definitely improve this product.
Firesapple is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
extended roof top, roof, roof extension
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car