lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-23-2019, 08:38 PM   #1
Winston Ellis
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Plum quick motor install

I’m getting ready to install the new bandit motor this weekend. I’m getting conflicting reports on removing the old motor and installing the new one. It looks like I can just remove the old one by removing the 3 bolts and pull it out. Do I really need to drop the axle? I’m looking for minimal disassembly as the weather is going to be on and off showers. This is on a 48V DS with a rear seat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Winston Ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-23-2019, 08:45 PM   #2
Jkerle
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Plum quick motor install

Without dropping the axle you'll find that it's very difficult to get any leverage on the motor. Any leverage you do get is going to be prying on the differential case which isnt a good idea. You might get lucky and have a cart that someone has already pulled the motor before and upon reinstall applied never seize compound. All you can do is try.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Jkerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 09:31 PM   #3
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

If you have a lifted cart it is fairly easy in place as is. If it is not, it is very hard to get to everything to remove and reinstall.

If that is a factory motor, most will have four (4) retaining bolts....
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 09:46 PM   #4
Malisk
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I just pulled my factory motor on my 1998 Series DS and sent it to Plum Quick last week.
The fit is tight but I got it out with out taking the body off. I don't have a lift installed yet either. It is basically still a factory cart.
I removed the seat backs and the top for ease of access. The 4 bolts holding it in were no problem to remove either. The trick was wiggling it off the input shaft and then carefully lifting it out of the controller access area in front of the bag well.

Good luck
Malisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 10:05 PM   #5
Roxyflash
Gone Wild
Club Car

I have pulled them without removing axle just jack the cart up on the body so axle hangs down if it pulls right off you good to go make sure you use two wrenches on studs and disconnect the batterys
Roxyflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 10:44 PM   #6
Winston Ellis
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thanks guys, I’m going to jack it up by the body. I also have a nice 8” retaining wall I can back the rear end up to and gain more space underneath. I’m going to soak all the bolts in PB blast tomorrow and let everything soak in.

Old 01-23-2019, 10:46 PM   #7
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

On a cart without a rear seat just remove the basket and the cover. Unhook the cables and take the bolts out. Put a ratchet strap or rope around the motor and you can slip it off then let it down to the floor and slid it out.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 08:37 PM   #8
Winston Ellis
Gone Wild

Club Car

So I think if I jack up the body I will be able to remove the motor and have it clear the lead spring. Thanks guys

Old 01-24-2019, 09:43 PM   #9
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Jack it up, put it on jack stands. Disconnect main power from the positive and negative of the battery pack. Disconnect all the wires from the motor and remove all the mounting hardware. Earlier models have 4 bolts. Later models have 3 bolts. Just get under the cart and pull the motor off. It's heavy but it's not terrible.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 05:53 PM   #10
Austin4130
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

My '99 factory motor was a bear to get off recently, I ended up just taking the rear end out and using the drop and catch method from another thread.

New motor went in easily with the rear end in the cart.
Austin4130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car