lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-28-2019, 04:20 PM   #1
Monterey
Not Yet Wild
Tomberlin

Cool Fast flashing of amber battery light

Hello,

I'm really sorry for posting this question but I've searched the forums without any luck. I know there are problems/codes associated with the blinking pattern of the battery warning light. The problem I have is that the light is flashing on/off at one second intervals and I haven't been able to find that symptom in the forums.

It's a 2014 Precedent, ERIC charger. I was out for a long run today when the light came on solid and I drove it home and didn't have any problems getting home. However, when I stopped the cart at the house the light started this flashing pattern. BTW, battery pack voltage after 30 minutes of sitting was 49.5 volts. After I plugged in the charger the light and it blinked 3 times along with the beep, the light went off. I've never seen this before.

Any ideas on the on/off flashing pattern?

Thank you,
Scott
Monterey is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-28-2019, 04:27 PM   #2
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Fast flashing of amber battery light

The light should come ON (solid) when the pack SOC falls below 20% and start flashing when the pack SOC falls below 0%.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 04:30 PM   #3
Monterey
Not Yet Wild
Tomberlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
The light should come ON (solid) when the pack SOC falls below 20% and start flashing when the pack SOC falls below 0%.
Thank you Sergio but neither of those situations are present. I think with a 49.5 SOC the percentage of battery left is approximately 70%.

Scott
Old 01-28-2019, 04:43 PM   #4
Monterey
Not Yet Wild
Tomberlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monterey View Post
Thank you Sergio but neither of those situations are present. I think with a 49.5 SOC the percentage of battery left is approximately 70%.

Scott
Now that I'm thinking about it, why the heck did the yellow light come on solid on the way home if the battery pack was still at 70% reserve?

Argh!

Scott
Old 01-28-2019, 04:47 PM   #5
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monterey View Post

Scott
You said that was after resting 30 minutes, do You remember the voltage right after you stopped?

I think the Controller SOC determination is based on Key ON and while not in Motoring (Pedal Down) or Regenerative brake (pedal UP but moving) state.

Those are the values from the manual...
Old 01-28-2019, 04:51 PM   #6
Monterey
Not Yet Wild
Tomberlin

I didn't check upon arriving home. I thought it would be better to get a "resting" state of charge but maybe I should have done both. I'll do that next time I'm out (later tonight after a full charge).

Scott
Old 01-28-2019, 06:18 PM   #7
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Th controllers pre-programmed SOC numbers are probably different than what you've read on various SOC charts.

The batteries were low on charge according to the controller, and it turned the light on. Simple as that.

What batteries do you have? How old are they?
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 02:53 PM   #8
Monterey
Not Yet Wild
Tomberlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
Th controllers pre-programmed SOC numbers are probably different than what you've read on various SOC charts.

The batteries were low on charge according to the controller, and it turned the light on. Simple as that.

What batteries do you have? How old are they?

I should add this cart is new to me (I've owned many of these and EZGOs), I've only had it a short while.

The batteries are A6 (Jan 2016) and are PowerDrive Plus. I reset the controller last night by removing the battery power for about 15 minutes and then reconnected. This is a regen system.

Today I did the same trip (10 miles in total) and at about the 7.5 mile mark the light came on again. I got out, checked the voltage and it read 49.0v. I continued on home which is about another 2.5 miles up and down hills without ANY problems, even on the hills. The light stayed on the whole time.

When arriving home I turned off the cart and the yellow light started blinking again at 1 second intervals. On-off-on etc. Checked the voltage and it was reading 48.2v.

Any ideas?
Old 01-29-2019, 03:14 PM   #9
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Do any of the folks here with a Curtis programmer ever connected to these controllers to see if they have a section for BDI (Battery Discharge indicator) Setup?

The Curtis Controllers that have BDI require many parameters to be configured about the battery capacity, terrain, anticipated use, etc...

These may be configurable on a User or Dealer level programmer in addition to OEM since Golf courses have different use requirements.
Old 01-29-2019, 03:21 PM   #10
Monterey
Not Yet Wild
Tomberlin

Since the PowerDrive Plus batteries are OEM and installed in 2016 I assumed (I know, I know) that they were of the same specs as the ones originally installed when they were new. ?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car