lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-02-2019, 09:48 PM   #11
Wturnage29
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Club car Graziano transaxle

Thank you Fairtax4me, I appreciate you going into more detail for me. I will be diving into this Monday and I will update what I find. 2 more questions: in order to remove the coupler that the sprocket is on, there is a small hole and I’m assuming here but do you think it is an Allen fitting? Also as far as pulling my motor, do I need to disconnect only the terminals from the motor or do I need to remove from my batteries first?
Wturnage29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-04-2019, 12:28 PM   #12
Wturnage29
Not Yet Wild

This may be a dumb question but do I need to drain my rear transmission or gear case oil before I pull a axle shaft out? Does the shaft go into the transmission or does it just connect to it? I just don’t want to remove an axle and have gear oil spill all over. Thanks
Old 02-04-2019, 12:36 PM   #13
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Some oil will probably come out if you have the axle tube pointed down. The tubes are open into the case, and the oil from the case lubricates the axle shaft bearings.

If you just need to remove one, lift that side of the axle up a bit higher than the other side and wait 10 minutes or so for the oil to drain back to the center.

Always disconnect batteries before doing any electrical work or even removing the rear access cover. Something as simple as dropping a screwdriver and having it arc across the motor studs can blow out your controller.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 03:21 PM   #14
Wturnage29
Not Yet Wild

Fairtax4me, or any one else who can help me with this. I ended up going with the axle bearings first, it just seemed to me that’s where the noise was coming from. The bearings were bad on both sides, I replaced both bearings and was just about to put it back together and I thought why not change the seals inside the axle housing/tube while I had everything out. Now I have a dilemma as I don’t know how to take these out. I saw another thread on here with instructions from a 2011 club car on removing the oil seals with a bearing puller with a part number for the puller. The instructions stated if I mess up the adapter ring I will have to purchase a new axle tube. When I look that part number up for the bearing removeal tool, I come up with nothing. This may not even be the correct instructions for my cart as my parts match up with the 2013 Club Car Graziano parts. 2 questions: should I definitely change the seals out even if they weren’t leaking before, the buggy is 6 years old by the way. If I should replace them do you know a method I can use or tool that will keep me from messing up the adapter ring if I do in face even have an adapter ring? Thank you

Last edited by Wturnage29; 02-18-2019 at 03:55 PM.. Reason: Missing information
Old 02-18-2019, 04:07 PM   #15
Wturnage29
Not Yet Wild

6DB4A934-8EB1-4D56-B804-EA35716C6F35.jpg

B995636B-A56D-4FDD-859C-0CD8BC422542.jpg

This is the seal I am trying to remove/install. Thank you
Old 02-18-2019, 07:16 PM   #16
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

I wouldn’t even mess with them. I’ve never replaced one and have 18 carts that the oldest one right now is a 1998. Never had them leak. I know it happens occasionally, but unless you’re in deep water or in a very rust prone area, I don’t think the seals should ever be an issue. Even if they are, they’re not that difficult to replace later on.

Clean them very well. Make sure the axle shafts are clean, especially the surface the seal rides on, put a smear of bearing grease in the seal lip and put it back together.
Old 02-18-2019, 08:07 PM   #17
Wturnage29
Not Yet Wild

Thank you Fairtax4me, I’m going to proceed without changing them. Hopefully all noises will be gone when I take it for a ride tomorrow
Old 02-20-2019, 07:03 PM   #18
Wturnage29
Not Yet Wild

Fairtax4me ***Update*** after installing my new rear axle bearings and filling my transmission/rear end with 80-90wt gear oil I spun my hubs by hand and could still here a grind coming from my rear end. For whatever reason it’s worse while spinning the hub in one direction (I forgot if it was forward or reverse, not sure if that relevant. Anyway I’m planning to proceed with changing the motor bearing. Could anyone please instruct me on how to do this? Do I need to remove the whole motor to get to the bearing? If so do you have any tips for removing the motor and keeping it from falling? Thank you
Old 02-20-2019, 07:44 PM   #19
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

There's only one bearing in the motor and, yes the motor needs to be removed to replace the bearing.

Remove the motor and spin the input shaft of the axle and see if you can hear the noise.
You might be hearing the clunking of the spider gears in the differential, and some noise from those is normal. If the noise goes away you'll know its in the motor and not in the axle. If its still there you may need to split the axle case and check the bearings on the gear shafts.

I would assume that thing has a series motor? Series motor will have A1-A2 and S1-S2 labels for the motor cable studs.
Old 02-20-2019, 08:03 PM   #20
Wturnage29
Not Yet Wild

30ADA9F8-EDB4-410E-8477-323C079973EB.jpg

988A33B2-24FE-49BE-9F43-137D0E38ADD8.jpg

0973C177-7783-4B20-8E31-7EBB6D5681EE.jpg
Yes sir it is, I actually started taking the motor off then I stopped because I wasn’t sure if the whole thing needed to come off. My motor is splined on one end with a shaft on the other end which has a small chain sprocket connected to it, well had, I removed all of that from that end. This is a 64/72 volt motor, I’m guessing it’s going to be pretty heavy. Any tips for removing it would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Wturnage29; 02-20-2019 at 08:03 PM.. Reason: Incorrect spelling

Tags
rear end noise
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car