lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-20-2019, 08:05 PM   #21
Wturnage29
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Club car Graziano transaxle

Should I move this to a New thread since the repair has moved to my motor?
Wturnage29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-20-2019, 08:12 PM   #22
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Can't really help much on removal tips. Looks like they have that thing shoe-horned in there.
Make sure the battery pack is disconnected and then remove the cables from the motor. Make sure to label and take pics of where each cable goes on the motor.

Remove the chain from the end, but I would leave the sprocket on until you get the motor out. It may be necessary to unbolt the entire axle from the cart to lower it down so you can slide the motor off.
That's a series motor with the thick motor can, so it probably weighs in the neighborhood of 60-70lbs. Not the kind of weight you want over your head when trying to remove it. Wrap a strap or belt around the end and hold the strap to keep it from rolling out of your hand. Once the motor starts to separate from the axle it will slide back about an inch before it comes off the input shaft spline.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 08:33 PM   #23
Wturnage29
Not Yet Wild

Yes sir I took pictures of the cables, I learned the hard way not taking pictures of stuff I was taking apart that I wasn’t all that familiar with. The chain has been removed and I had to remove the sprocket to get the chain guard out of the way as it sat right against to back of the motor. I was able to slide the motor back a quarter of an inch then I stopped. Wanted to get an idea of how to proceed without dropping this thing. I’ll take some more detail led pictures tomorrow and post them up. Thanks again
Old 02-21-2019, 01:32 PM   #24
Wturnage29
Not Yet Wild

Update, I have the motor down and It feels a little ruff so I’m going to open it up and check the bearing, also the motor has a fan that kept blowing a fuse for some reason, I know that needs fixing also. I’m still hearing a noise when I spin the axle shaft by hand, Guess I’m going to get into the gear case. Any words of wisdom on how to go about replacing the motor bearing and replacing the bearings in the gear housing would be greatly appreciated. I’ll post some pictures in a little bit.
Old 02-21-2019, 02:24 PM   #25
Wturnage29
Not Yet Wild

B7A570AB-B2DA-4831-9EA0-FB2BFE229351.jpg

1DC69FAC-8EA9-4D36-9898-E112F39DBC39.jpg

EBBAE330-68A9-4C4E-89DC-1DF28A370EF4.jpg

D52A7D25-F87D-49AD-A0AB-A1F0859A604D.jpg
Not sure how to proceed from here, I can’t figure out why I can’t separate this from the base.
Old 02-21-2019, 06:52 PM   #26
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wturnage29 View Post
Attachment 182553

Attachment 182554

Attachment 182555

Attachment 182556
Not sure how to proceed from here, I can’t figure out why I can’t separate this from the base.
You have to press it out with a hydraulic press. Once you press the armature out of the end-cap, there's a snap ring holding the bearing in place. Remove the snap ring and tap the bearing out.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 06:59 PM   #27
Wturnage29
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
You have to press it out with a hydraulic press. Once you press the armature out of the end-cap, there's a snap ring holding the bearing in place. Remove the snap ring and tap the bearing out.
TahoeDawgZ71, thank you for your assistance. Do I need to remove the star screws down towards the base before I press it out?
Old 02-21-2019, 09:10 PM   #28
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

No. Just be sure that whatever your pressing with is not larger than the armature shaft. If it is, you're gonna catch the edge of the snap ring while you're pressing and break it. Don't ask me how I know. lol
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 09:16 PM   #29
Wturnage29
Not Yet Wild

Unfortunately we all learn the hard all to often (LOL). Thanks a million, I’ll post pics and updates when I get to a hydraulic press.
Old 02-21-2019, 09:46 PM   #30
Wturnage29
Not Yet Wild

I have a correction to make on a few post up, I stated that this motor has a fan because it had two yellow wires running to the end of it and I saw post that mentioned stealth nighthawks came with fans on the motors. My motor apparently does not have a fan on it, the wires are to a speed sensor as I understand it.

Tags
rear end noise
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car