lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-11-2019, 05:23 PM   #1
seanmcg
Getting Wild

Default Lift kit opinions

Hey guys. I just started taking apart my second Club Car DS. It's a 2000, I think. I'm keeping my other 2000.5 DS, which is non-lifted, but this one is going to have a different look, along with more power. I'm just wondering what is the most popular lift kit and what makes it better than the others? I'm looking at the Jake's A-arm kit 6" lift, but I'm not sure if that is the best decision. It's going to end up being lifted with 14" wheels, somewhat knobby tires, and probably a Plum Quick Bandit motor, if that helps. It'll be used on flat roads and fields, here in Florida. Very little use on hills, as we don't have any hills here.

Thanks for any guidance.
seanmcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-11-2019, 07:56 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: Lift kit opinions

I have used most all over the years, but by FAR like the All-Sports most of all..... https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/lift-kits
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 08:21 PM   #3
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
I have used most all over the years, but by FAR like the All-Sports most of all..... https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/lift-kits
Ok NoleFan........but why is it better?
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 08:57 PM   #4
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Adjustability, durability, and availability of replacement parts.
Old 02-11-2019, 10:56 PM   #5
DaveTM
Gone Wild

NoleFan,

The Jakes 6" Long Travel is what I use on my hunting cart. Jakes uses Heim joints on most of their connections.

From a quick look at All-Sports, it appears they use more of a bushing\sleeve configuration. Is that why you prefer the All-Sports?
Old 02-11-2019, 11:11 PM   #6
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Only used Jakes spindle lifts in years past and just did not like the completed stance (width) and lack of proper camber adjustability.

Heim joints, built structurally sound and sealed well are good. I have had them that are sealed, had them with zerk fittings, and with out. Most all the lifts I have used have had sleeves and bushings, and definitely some were better then others, but any All-Sports kit I have used always went together well, fitment was tight in regards to tolerances, and they could be aligned precisely in regards to Toe and Camber adjustments Then the few times I have damaged them in freak little accidents, the parts were so easily available as compared to others I had used before.
Old 02-12-2019, 10:24 AM   #7
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTM View Post
NoleFan,

The Jakes 6" Long Travel is what I use on my hunting cart. Jakes uses Heim joints on most of their connections.

From a quick look at All-Sports, it appears they use more of a bushing\sleeve configuration. Is that why you prefer the All-Sports?
My All Sports super sport A-arm uses hiem joints
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 10:29 AM   #8
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

All-Sports is the only lift kit manufacturer that was approved by Club Car for use in their OEM lifted vehicles.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 10:43 AM   #9
jclark138
Runs with scissors-

Yamaha

I like the look of the JakesLT - it’s about the only shiny thing on my cart! We run on gravel roads, and trails in the woods, all at pretty slow speed. Both front shocks are done, the rod ends are not sealed, nor have zerk fittings and have squeaked since new. I’ve tried a variety of lubes and methods, but none last here.( very dry & dusty here, most of the time). The stance is wider than I need, making keeping mud out another challenge- with 4” wide flares, the tires are still out about 2”.
So, was going to replace the shocks, shorten the a-arms, upgrade the rod ends, - it will be cheaper to do my research, and get the right front end for me.
My .02$
jclark138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 12:25 PM   #10
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Jclark.....Have you ever considered putting on Heim Joint rubber covers? I can only assume (as I have not done this....yet..) that with a rubber bootie on, any lube used would stay in there and the grit would stay out.

As for shocks....I can't comment as I dunno how far and how rough your territory is that you ride on.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car