lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-20-2019, 10:06 PM   #11
ThreeCW
Gone Wild

Cushman

Default Re: 2001 48V Carryall 2... this slow?

I can give you an apples to oranges comparison. My Cushman is also a series cart about the same vintage. Maximum speed on a level, packed gravel road is 17.4 mph (GPS) with the voltage dropping to likely 42 to 44 volts, which is way too fast for my work cart ... normal usage speed is 5 to 10 mph, which is more the speed that the suspension, steering and brakes can handle.

I too suspect that since you are not seeing much voltage drop ... there is some other limiting factor in play ... which could be settings or physical design limitations of your accelerator / potentiometer (what ever CC calls it) or the controller itself (brain storming only ... no personal knowledge of your cart).

What make, model and amperage rating is your controller?

Gear ratio on my cart is 15.88 (counting motor rotations vs. tire rotations). Other cart specs are noted below.
ThreeCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-21-2019, 08:42 AM   #12
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: 2001 48V Carryall 2... this slow?

Thanks guys, had to leave town for work yesterday but I'm back home today and I'll check temps with a laser temp gun and voltages.

It is a curtis 300A controller. I dont recall the exact model, but I'm just leaning towards this is how it is lol.

Thanks threecw, You've got 17mph with 23" tires, and a 6.5hp motor. I'm on stock 18" tires with 3.1hp motor. I think I'm right where it is supposed to be without motor and controller upgrades, which I have no desire to do. I picked this up as a side project, condition completely unknown and sight unseen to have something a little different to work on. I have a turf 2 (gas) and a G9 (gas) but theres nothing left to "fix" on either of those. So if it's slow, it's slow. Ive had several gas carts, but the only other electric cart I've ever had was an old toaster style DS a couple years ago, and it ran around 15-16mph. I dont remember what it did in grass... As long as that is how it's supposed to be and this is what is normal forit, I will end up selling it once I get a little body work done, paint, and make it look nice again. I just dont want to sell it to someone if this ISN'T normal. If it's supposed to do 15mph and not "bog" in the grass, I'll fix what I need to so it works correctly. But if itsnormal, I'll let whoever buys it upgrade the motor if they so feel inclined. I'm sure it is capable of 20+mph with the right motor and an alltrax, the battery pack seems plenty healthy to support it.

I will also check the v-glide just to make sure it is making full travel to the "top speed" contacts. Had not thought of that before. This was a fleet cart from the city so very possible they adjusted it to make it slow intentionally.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car