lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-23-2019, 08:00 AM   #1
HUSKY5
Not Yet Wild

Default 05 precedent intermitently dies help please!!!!

Cart dies.solonoid failed.replaced and drove for a week then died again.jumped fwd rev switch and got it home and replaced switch and drove 4 more days then lost fwd but drove home in reverse.woke up got in and drove fine in fwd and rev.only happens after driving 20 min or so.good pack voltage and all batteries pass hydrometer test
HUSKY5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-23-2019, 06:12 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: 05 precedent intermitently dies help please!!!!

Either a short in a wire going to the switch (or sonic weld point), faulty switch, or controller is starting to go. Have to do some detailed testing at the time it occurs or go pull and inspect wires and switch and clean up the terminals.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 06:14 PM   #3
HUSKY5
Not Yet Wild

I'll try another switch and check wires. Thanks
Old 02-24-2019, 09:21 AM   #4
aintgotthis
Not Yet Wild

You might want to have a look at the terminals on the back of the key switch. Sometimes they come loose and can rotate causing intermittent problems. Good luck.
aintgotthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 09:21 AM   #5
HUSKY5
Not Yet Wild

Tried new fwd rev switch and checked all connections and all good and it died again.after it sits couple hours it's fine
Old 02-25-2019, 10:52 AM   #6
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

If it is doing that and intermittently having only Fwd or Rev operable, then with it not being sonic weld, wiring or switch, it can only be a controller.

I would double check all my cables from the controller to the motor and if none are bad, I would be looking at a new XCT controller.

Give David a call 706-431-3917 and see if he has any other suggestions. He will be your best deal for a new XCT controller also.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 11:02 AM   #7
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Sounds like potentially a bad MCOR. The MCOR is the throttle switch mounted at the base of the accelerator pedal. Pull up the floor mat and pull out the two-pin connector from the MCOR. Use a piece of wire or a paperclip and jump the green wire to the blue with within the connector. If the vehicle operates normally with the jumper in place, replace the MCOR. Part number 102528501. Note that this is just for test procedures. If there is an internal throttle fluctuation within the throttle control circuit of the MCOR while the two-pin plug is bypassed, it may result in a runaway cart. I highly suggest turning OFF the key and putting the F&R switch in neutral while it is not being used to prevent this from happening.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 01:39 PM   #8
sonofagunn
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUSKY5 View Post
...after it sits couple hours it's fine
That part makes it sound like something is heating up and causing problems then it's fine once it cools down. Maybe a terminal on a wire has too much resistance. I fought a similar problem, noticed that a specific battery terminal was getting way hotter than the others after a bit of use, so I replaced that battery cable and everything is fine now.

The faulty cable appeared fine, a visual inspection would not have caught this.
sonofagunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 07:09 AM   #9
HUSKY5
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the replies,been driving it and now it won't fail but Still don't trust it
Old 03-08-2019, 12:39 PM   #10
HUSKY5
Not Yet Wild

It finally died and I jumped mcor and it went.thanks Dave and everyone else .ill be ordering part as soon as I can.battery light flashed also can mcor do that
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car