lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-03-2019, 10:54 AM   #1
Jwc1621
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default 2010 DS IQ Issues

I have a 2010 IQ DS that i picked up for a good deal. When I bought the cart everything ran well on it, but it did have 2014 batteries. After some issues with run time I went ahead and replaced the batteries with brand new Trojan 875's. I began doing the break in procedure and everything was going fine, then Friday went to take it out on the course and it died on the first hole. Got it back to the house, plugged it in and the charger charged the cart as if it was back from a long ride. After a full charge, take the cart out to test it and it dies 10 houses down. The battery light flashed when I plugged the cart in. Could any of you share some insight on what I need to trouble shoot?
Jwc1621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-03-2019, 10:58 AM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: 2010 DS IQ Issues

Check the pack voltage manually after is has charged and then sat for 12 hours; should be 50.9v. Also why it is charging check it and see that it is. Should be between 55v and 63v based on where in the cycle it is.

Also inspect and ensure all cables are tight and in place (not burned off)
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 11:55 AM   #3
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

What charger do you have?
Brand new Batteries will not have full capacity for 15-20 charge cycles, but you should be able to still get a full round of a golf course I would think.
It’s possible your charger isn’t working properly or the OBC has failed.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 11:58 AM   #4
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

I think one of your batteries went toes up.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 09:31 AM   #5
Jwc1621
Getting Wild

Club Car

UPDATE:
Hooked PowerDrive3 charger up to cart and it just starts going nuts, needle is jumping all over and pack voltage is as well. Had my neighbor bring over his PowerDrive 2 charger and it starts charging. Checked pack voltage, during charge was up in the 57 range so confirmed that it was charging. Charger finishes and cart was at 46.3 (dead). Checked each battery individually after charge 8.3,8.2,8.2,8.2,6.7,6.7. So obviously I have 2 bad brand new batteries which is crazy to me. The two batteries that are low are the main positive and the next battery in the series. My concern is this, when I put the batteries in the cart it ran fine as I was doing the break in. Is there something that could be wrong with the cart to cause those two batteries to go bad or is this just a weird coincidence. Additionally, could this be an OBC issue? How do I reset it to get back to square 1?
Jwc1621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 09:54 AM   #6
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Are you running any accessories off those two batteries?
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 10:05 AM   #7
joesam
Gone Wild
Club Car

Another (unlikely) possibility, is that you ran one of the charging leads to the wrong battery post. To confirm that's NOT it - measure the voltage at the charger plug and make sure it reads the same 46.3 that you are reading from the whole pack.
joesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 10:24 AM   #8
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Needle jumping everywhere is usually an indication that the rectifier / diode assembly in the charger has failed.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car