lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-20-2019, 12:09 PM   #1
fishbones
Getting Wild

Default 94 DS Series Vglide 48V conversion question

I have been searching the threads for information following a series motor 48V upgrade but cant find what I am looking for so here goes.

The speed and torque were noticeably increased, but not as much as I thought they would be I guess. In my Alltrax SR48500 controller I had to change my over voltage settings for the motor to work on 48V but thats pretty much all I changed. Are there any settings in the controller that would allow me to make more power / speed with the series motor? I read a few sepex threads about motor mapping but dont think thats applicable to my controller.
Or is the Vglide's on these carts a limitation? I have upgraded everything but the throttle control and the motor (Reversing contactor, solenoid, controller, 2G cables, new batteries 48v)
fishbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-20-2019, 12:26 PM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: 94 DS Series Vglide 48V conversion question

The only other thing you can do without a motor is make sure your throttle settings are correct and that you are getting 100% throttle showing on the alltrax.
Voltage is a limiting factor with the series motors, (more voltage = more RPM)
but the major factor comes down to motor design.
A Torque motor is designed to make more power at lower RPM.
A speed motor is designed to run higher rpms, and sacrifices torque at lower rpms because of that.

If you're still running the stock motor, those were designed more for torque at the lower end. The stock motor is not a big power producing motor as they were designed to work within the confines of a limited power delivery system.

You have much more power delivery potential now with the alltrax 500. The next best upgrade will be a better motor. I'll leave it to the guys who know the available motors to make a better recommendation on which motor to choose.

How much speed are you looking for, and what size tires do you plan to run?
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 12:49 PM   #3
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

The V-glide will not limit your speed/toque as long as you are seeing 100% on the monitor screen. Meaning it is sending WOT to the controller and there is no more.

Correct, no map.

If that is your stock 36v motor, you are probably getting all you can in regards to speed. In regards to torque, if you have not turned up the amperage that is about all you have left until the motor goes and you replace it.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 01:51 PM   #4
fishbones
Getting Wild

Thanks Guys, monitor shows full throttle 100%, In the alltrax I had created a custom high torque throttle control, then went back to standard after upgrade, going to go back to torque custom and see how it runs from there.
I get bad cellular at my property so was unable to do a speed test unfortunately, for me it was fast enough and she went through the mud pretty good.
Old 03-20-2019, 01:59 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

A popular motor upgrade for the Series CC is Admiral A1. You are set up to run this 10 hp motor now. 10 hp is 3 times what you are running now. I would expect speed to be about the same as the stock motor on 48.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 02:35 PM   #6
fishbones
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
A popular motor upgrade for the Series CC is Admiral A1. You are set up to run this 10 hp motor now. 10 hp is 3 times what you are running now. I would expect speed to be about the same as the stock motor on 48.
Thanks Scotty, since this is a work / hunting cart I am looking to get the most torque / pulling power I can. If the torque curve does not do it I will get ahold of you on the Admiral.
For off road would you suggest the AMD beast?

I would say the speed is slightly better, seemed a bit faster after I ran it a few times. 20% faster or so.
Old 03-20-2019, 04:41 PM   #7
MyCousinVinnie
Gone Wild
Club Car

scotty certainly knows better than I do, but have a 93 that I converted like you did and kept the stock motor. It was used as a hunting cart. I put 8 six volt batteries in it. I have FSIP rather than alltrax controller. I don't know if you have six or 8 batts in it and what kind of loads you run, but my stock motor didn't last long. with two hunters and stuff, the motor would get really hot. forget about using the rear seat. I switched over to a potentiometer, but as stated it isn't the v-glide hindering you. I went with a torque motor and have been fine ever since.
MyCousinVinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 05:04 PM   #8
fishbones
Getting Wild

Thanks Couzzz :)
Running 6 x 8V Crown CR-190's.
What motor did you go with?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car