lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-26-2019, 03:04 PM   #11
wick_ss
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Power washed batteries, now cart is slow

Thanks so much for the input guys, stupid question I have to ask. Where is the 16-pin connector from the controller? I have a back seat on this cart, can I get to it with this back seat?
wick_ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-26-2019, 03:39 PM   #12
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The controller is inside the electronics component cover, behind the batteries where the solenoid is located.

You may be able to remove the component cover from underneath the cart.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 06:19 PM   #13
wick_ss
Not Yet Wild

Ok All I still need some help here - i have been able to get to the controller and un-plug, clean off, and re-plug everything in. The cart still starts out great, 12-13 mph for the first 20 yds or so, then drops back to the 5-6 mph. from what i've gathered the controller or speed sensor is getting tripped sending the cart into the crawl.

Can i get some ideas on how to re-set the controller. I've unplugged the batteries for 24 hrs and that didnt work. Anything else i might have screwed up?

THanks All!!
Old 03-27-2019, 07:17 PM   #14
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

No such thing as resetting it per se. It is one of 2 things. A faulty speed sensor or seeing a welded solenoid. Without a scanner, it is hard for you to say which one.

Did you remove the speed sensor from the motor and ensure no water intrusion in it or the harness or do the speed sensor test?
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 07:46 PM   #15
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by wick_ss View Post
Ok All I still need some help here - i have been able to get to the controller and un-plug, clean off, and re-plug everything in. The cart still starts out great, 12-13 mph for the first 20 yds or so, then drops back to the 5-6 mph. from what i've gathered the controller or speed sensor is getting tripped sending the cart into the crawl.

Can i get some ideas on how to re-set the controller. I've unplugged the batteries for 24 hrs and that didnt work. Anything else i might have screwed up?

THanks All!!
That is new information, so what do You have to do to repeat the fast for 20 yards then slow cycle again?
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 08:28 PM   #16
wick_ss
Not Yet Wild

I did a little more research on this sight and i think i may have figured it out. I found the thred title "DS IQ Speed Sensor Test". when i "wake" my cart up, turn the key to "on", put it in forward, and push the cart there is no resistance. "Actually funny as i'm pushing it down my driveway that has a slight slope, i have a bad knee and could barely catch up and jump in to stop it LOL"

The thred mentioned if there is not resistance then the speed sensor is failing. I've got one on the way, hoping that solves the problem!
Old 03-27-2019, 08:39 PM   #17
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

That will.....
Old 03-27-2019, 08:46 PM   #18
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by wick_ss View Post
I did a little more research on this sight and i think i may have figured it out. I found the thred title "DS IQ Speed Sensor Test". when i "wake" my cart up, turn the key to "on", put it in forward, and push the cart there is no resistance. "Actually funny as i'm pushing it down my driveway that has a slight slope, i have a bad knee and could barely catch up and jump in to stop it LOL"

The thred mentioned if there is not resistance then the speed sensor is failing. I've got one on the way, hoping that solves the problem!
I suggested trying that back in post #10.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 09:45 AM   #19
wick_ss
Not Yet Wild

You sure did mgray70!! Thanks!! You are talking to a very green rookie though LOL I'll get better!!
Old 03-28-2019, 12:54 PM   #20
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Yeah, I did not throw it out there till #14! :0)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car