lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-29-2019, 06:37 AM   #1
Toolmaker Bob
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Centennial golf cart batteries

A new golf cart dealer just opened up near me. He is selling Centennial golf cart batteries. This is a new brand to me. His price for 8V is $115.00 each. What are your opinions on this brand of battery?
Toolmaker Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-29-2019, 06:40 AM   #2
klubber
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Centennial golf cart batteries

Specifications
Voltage: 8V
RC @ 25 amps: 299Ah
RC @ 75 amps: 100Ah
Length:: 10 3/8"
Width: 7 3/16"
Height: 10 5/8"
klubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 08:24 AM   #3
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Do you mean Continental? I am a Trojan dealer and what is called the black box has been being the Powertron, but this week the black boxes came with the Continental label on them instead of Powertron. I've been told they're all made on the same line as the Trojan.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 08:25 AM   #4
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Centennial is a brand, those 8v batteries are listed as 165AH on their site.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 08:26 AM   #5
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I've been selling the black boxes for 3 years and have only had a couple of returns, and they were most likely abuse or neglect.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 01:21 PM   #6
Toolmaker Bob
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thank you for your replies. My next question. It will be about 30 miles round trip from where the golf cart is located to get the 8V Centennial batteries at $115.00 each. Or it will be about a 60 mile round trip to get 8V Interstate batteries at $115.00 each. If you were in my shoes which battery would you put in your golf cart. I know Trojans or US batteries are the best but I'm on a limited budget at this time.
Old 03-30-2019, 01:39 PM   #7
Brob1969
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I am not familiar with that brand. I know that here in North Florida I can purchase 8v Interstate golf cart batteries at $79 each.
Brob1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 04:45 PM   #8
klubber
Gone Wild
Club Car

If you come here to be told that is a great deal you can't pass it up.... It's not going to happen. Battery prices varie regionally. I buy them in NY and Fl and pay about a 20% difference for same batteries. Any battery will get your cart running and with good maintenance you may get years of use. But the fact is some batteries are better than others and will as a rule have a longer life. You have to work in your own budget though

I lke this video. It compares 2 brands of batteries. But it also teaches a lot.. Take a minute to watch, and good luck what ever you decide. I have 5 carts. Some have trojans, one has trojan black box, one has a local brand. I drive the in a neighborhood that is relatively flat, or at a camp and plug in after every use. I have been using all for multiple years for all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RO4N_V4Azvc
klubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 05:36 PM   #9
Toolmaker Bob
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Both brand of batteries that I mentioned are the same price. I never heard of Centennial batteries until a new dealer opened up near me and he sells Centennial batteries and US batteries. The Centennial batteries are more in my price range right now. I was just wondering if driving the extra miles to get the Interstate batteries would be a better choice versus getting the Centennial batteries. I was also trying to get opinions from people that have used Centennial batteries and how they liked them.
Old 04-03-2019, 05:13 PM   #10
Toolmaker Bob
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

My wife and I decided to go with the Interstate batteries. They are a brand that I'm familiar with.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car