lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-01-2019, 11:44 PM   #1
sparty9955@yahoo.com
Not Yet Wild

Default Unknown wire

I am curious what this white wire is attached to battery #5. If I follow, it gets spliced into a red wire behind battery #4.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg D5E249E5-C69D-4048-9FD8-D1F906969FE1.jpg (64.9 KB, 0 views)
sparty9955@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-02-2019, 06:00 AM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: Unknown wire

I dunno what it goes to but that battery box is a wreck. How many different accessories are on that thing?
You need a voltage reducer some kinda bad. Those batteries are gonna be so far out of balance they’ll be toast in a year. No reason there should be that many different wires coming off the battery posts.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 08:30 AM   #3
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparty9955@yahoo.com View Post
I am curious what this white wire is attached to battery #5. If I follow, it gets spliced into a red wire behind battery #4.
It is a 16v tap and more than likely is running to aftermarket lights or other accessories and is a common practice with installers (or non-knowing OP'). If you do install a 48->12 converter as suggested, you will run that to its' fuse panel...
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 09:40 AM   #4
sparty9955@yahoo.com
Not Yet Wild

The accessories I have on this cart: headlight/tail light, radio w/ two speakers, led underbody lights.
Pic 1: shows the white wire on battery 5 going to a red wire that goes into the wire harness. I’ll have to see if this is where they are getting power for the headlight and tail lights?

Pic 2: shows where they connected the radio. That has been disconnected and is no longer connected to those two batteries.

Pic 3: shows where a red wire coming off battery 1 pos, and a black wire coming off battery 6 negative going to a cheap 48-12v reducer. Then from the reducer to the led switch pack. Then to led usb hub where all the led lights plug into.

Pic 4: shows what I want to do with fuse block and reducer

My plan is to buy a blue sea 6 fuse block and buy 30amp 48-12v reducer from a sponsor on this site and hook everything up correctly. I’m just stump on this white wire in pic 1. Hopefully it traces back to headlight and I can disconnect it and just run it to my new fuse block.

It’s sad that a custom golf cart store where I bought this cart would power accessories this way. I appreciate the boards knowledge and expertise.
Old 06-02-2019, 10:49 AM   #5
sparty9955@yahoo.com
Not Yet Wild

I was wrong..... The white wire from battery 5 positive goes to a red 30amp fuse wire and then into a BLUE WIRE in the harness. Upon disconnecting this true blue wire (white turned into red turned into blue) the head lights and tail lights quit working. Is this blue wire always for the lights? Is it safe to say the idiots at a custom golf cart store that connected my radio to 16v also connected my headlight/taillights to 16v as well?

My plan is to connect this true blue wire into my sea blue fuse block when I get it and label it head/tail lights. Any objection to this
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 7E3C0797-9FC5-43FE-9A96-42FBDB35BA41.jpg (164.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-02-2019, 12:56 PM   #6
Htownblue
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparty9955@yahoo.com View Post
I was wrong..... The white wire from battery 5 positive goes to a red 30amp fuse wire and then into a BLUE WIRE in the harness. Upon disconnecting this true blue wire (white turned into red turned into blue) the head lights and tail lights quit working. Is this blue wire always for the lights? Is it safe to say the idiots at a custom golf cart store that connected my radio to 16v also connected my headlight/taillights to 16v as well?

My plan is to connect this true blue wire into my sea blue fuse block when I get it and label it head/tail lights. Any objection to this
Yes the blue wire which feeds into a harness is the light kit voltage feed wire.
Get a reducer and fused block buss. Connect the pack voltage positive and negative (connect the input negative ground to the black bullet connector from the OBC/Controller box) to the reducer, then the output from reducer to the fused buss bar. Then accessory voltages connected from fused buss bar to each individual accessory.
Htownblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car