lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-03-2019, 05:17 PM   #1
Josh740
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Issue with adding brake lights

I am having trouble installing brake lights to my 2008 Club Car DS. Currently the cart has working headlights, tail lights, and blinkers. The rear lights are a two wire configuration with a separate wire for low and high.

I installed a “pad style” brake light switch on the peddle and connected the wires to the high beam wire on the tail lights. The problem was that this also made a complete circuit whenever the blinker came on, so instead of just one side flashing both sides flash. Also whenever the brake is pressed not only do the rear lights come on, but the front block Kersey come on as well.

Next I tried using a Curt 3-2 tail light convertor. While the brakes now function appropriately, the blinkers do not work at all. I’ve included a photo of the voltages I’m getting when the converter is installed. Any help is appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (84.9 KB, 0 views)
Josh740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-04-2019, 05:48 AM   #2
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Issue with adding brake lights

I am not sure what You mean by:
Quote:
The rear lights are a two wire configuration with a separate wire for low and high.
How does that separate low/high wire works?

If You already have working turn signals, the turn signal switch should have an input for a brake switch.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 09:11 PM   #3
Josh740
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Issue with adding brake lights

Thanks for the info. My 1978 turn signal did not have a break wire input, but swapping it out with a new one from amazon did the trick. Thanks!
Josh740 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light issue
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car